What is SGA?
The Student Government Association is a group of students that work together to create a positive school environment though creative ideas and leadership.
How does it work?
-The SGA Executive Board is composed of a President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, and Historian.
-There will also be a Homeroom Representative from each homeroom in all three grades as well as an Alternate Homeroom Representative.
-Homeroom Reps. are expected to be present at every General Assembly meeting, see schedule below.
-These students will be responsible for sharing information that has been discussed at the General Assembly meetings and gathering homeroom concerns and ideas to share at those same meetings.
General Assembly Meeting Dates
(3:15 - 4:00pm) Room 151
- October 25
- November 8
- December 20
- January 17
- February 21
- March 21
- April 18
- May 16
Some SGA Activities:
- Holiday Food Collection
- Penny Wars
The Penny Wars competition had two winners:
- Team 3 won the team award for highest points and has earned an award to be determined by the Team 3 teachers
- 8th Grade won the grade award for highest points and earned device usage during lunches from Wed Oct 10 through Thurs Oct 18
Congratulations to all of our students for participating and raising over $900 in total.
- Sykesville vs ORMS Basketball Game
- Attended Fall Leadership training
- Will attend the State Convention in March