2018 Outdoor School Information:
- Week 1: November 12 - 16 (Team 1 Student's Last Names from A - Ka)
- Week 2: November 26 - 30 (Team 1 Student's Last Names from Ki - Z)
- Week 3: December 3 - 7 (Team 2 Homerooms Heacock & Mazalewski Last Names from Abdallah - Mata)
- Week 4: December 10 - 14 (Team 2 Homerooms Piazza & Runkles Last Names from Mateer - Ziman
**Pickup for students will be the Friday of their week at 1:00pm in front of ORMS**
Please click the link below to open the PTA's new website!!!!!
The Ski Club, run by Ms. Webber will be holding a Ski Club meeting on Wednesday, October 24 from 6:00 - 6:30pm in the Media Center. If you child is interested in participating in the Ski Club, please stop by for more information.
ORMS PTA announces their "Pie-In-The-Face" Fundraiser!!! Please help the PTA raise money for the school!!! Open the link below for more information.
Please click here for more information.
Please click here for Facts about the Flu - "Fighting the Flu is All About Timing".
ORMS PTA has scheduled 3 Dance/Rec Nights. The activities are as follows:
- 6th Grade Dance/Rec Night - October 26 (3:00 - 5:00pm) Gym & Cafeteria - - - - Tickets will be sold from October 22 - 25 during 6th grade lunch (11:15 - 11:45am) in the cafeteria. No tickets will be sold after October 25th! Tickets will be distributed on Friday, October 26 during 6th grade lunch. Pizza is available to pre-purchase @ $1.50 per slice. Snacks and drinks are available for purchase during Rec Night for $1 each. Click HERE for the the Permission Slip. Parents, this is not a dressy event. Please dress casual!
- 7th Grade Dance/Rec Night - November 9 (3:00 - 5:00pm) Gym & Cafeteria
- 8th Grade Dance/Rec Night - November 30 (3:00 - 5:00pm) Gym & Cafeteria
Permission slips will be coming home before each event. Students will also have the option of purchasing pizza. Snacks & drinks will also be for sale.
Please check the PTA web page for more PTA information.
Winter Concert Details:
- Monday, December 10: 7th Grade Choir & 7th Grade Band - 6:00pm
8th Grade Choir & 8th Grade Band - 7:30pm
- Monday, December 17: 7th & 8th Grade Orchestra - 6:00pm
- Thursday, January 17: 6th Grade Orchestra, Band & Chorus - 6:30pm
Carroll County Public Schools is again offering a Gifted and Talented Visual Arts Saturday Enrichment Program for students in grades 6th through 8th grade. This program provides students the opportunity to explore many types of art materials, processes and styles of Art with Carroll County Visual Arts Instructors. If students are interested, they should see Mrs. Novak to pick up an information packet, which outlines the student portfolio requirements to apply. Portfolios and applications will need to be submitted to Mrs. Novak by Nov.2nd, ready for the county screening committee to review.
The ORMS Book Fair will be held the week of October 22 - 25 with Friday, October 26 being a pick up order day only.
New this year the Book Fair evening sale will be at A Likely Story Bookstore in downtown Sykesville on October 24th from 3:00 - 6:30pm. ORMS own Lauren Satterfield, vocal music teacher and her sister Lindsay will be performing.
Click here for more information.
TNL Shout Outs for October will be $.50. All monies collectted will go towards the American Red Cross Disaster Relief.
|No, this isn't actually my picture. I just haven't gotten around to updating this section. It's good to know that someone is reading every last word though. Thanks!