Laurie Owings, School Library Teacher
Beth Drager, Library Clerk
Locked into Reading
Locked into Reading was created by two middle school librarians from Carroll County Public Schools; Laurie Owings from North Carroll Middle and Michael Stencil from East Middle.
What is Locked into Reading?
- This event is similar to Escape Rooms that have become quite popular across the country.
- Students, in teams of 4-6, will be “locked” into a room, by the Evil Librarians, in which they will have to solve puzzles to escape.
- The knowledge needed to solve the puzzles will come from eleven of the nominated 2019-2020 Maryland Black-Eyed Susan Books. (The eleven books are listed below.)
- All eleven books must be read amongst the 4-6 students on every team. Each team can decide how to achieve this.
When is this year's Locked into Reading event? - The Locked into Reading event will be held right after school from 3:05-5:00 on Thursday, June 4, 2020.
The eleven books for the June 2019 Locked into Reading event are:
Novels Graphic Novels
1. 24 Hours in Nowhere by Dusti Bowling 8. Anne of Green Gables by Mariah Marsden
2. Click'd by Tamara Ireland Stone 9. Crush by Svetlana Chmakova
3. Deep Water by Watt Key 10. Estranged by Ethan Aldridge
4. Game Changer by Tommy Greenwald 11. Last Pick by Jason Walz
5. Lifeboat 12 by Susan Hood
6. Rebound by Kwame Alexander
7. The Season of Styx Malone by Kekla Magoon
Watch the Evil Librarians introductory videos from previous years below:
READ, DISCOVER, CREATE
NORTH CARROLL MIDDLE SCHOOL'S LIBRARY