TO REPORT AN ABSENCE PLEASE CLICK HERE
HIGH SCHOOL ATTENDANCE STATEMENT
Carroll County Public Schools recognize the relationship of regular attendance to the learning process. Students must be present in school or virtually to participate in classroom instructional activities that are vital to the educational program for all students.
Local employers also place emphasis on the attendance records of their employees. Preparing students for the world of work, which Carroll County Public Schools view as one of their roles, includes an expectation of regular attendance.
DAILY ATTENDNACE FOR QUARTER 1
Per the October 14 board meeting, high school students will remain virtual and need to account for their attendance in Google Classroom until the end of the first quarter. This is the same procedure students have been using since the beginning of the school year.
DAILY ATTENDANCE PROCEDURES – Hybrid Learning (Beginning Quarter 2)
- Students who attend in person - on their designated days will be marked present. No other action is required by the student or the parent.
- Students who attend virtually will take their attendance in the Attendance Classroom Form located in Google Classroom. No other action is required by the parent or the student.
- Wednesday- All students will be participating in enhanced virtual instruction. Your child will continue accounting for their daily attendance by submitting the daily attendance question in Google Classroom as they have been doing since the start of the school year.
- Phone calls will go to all parent/guardians the following school day to report student absences. Please call the school to provide information regarding your child’s absence from school.
- Please check your child’s attendance regularly and email the school at email@example.com if there are any necessary corrections.
EARLY DISMISSAL PROCEDURES – Hybrid Learning (Beginning Quarter 2)
If your child is attending in the building and needs to leave early:
- Email the school at firstname.lastname@example.org on the day of the requested early dismissal. Students may also bring a note to the attendance window before school requesting a pass to leave early.
- At the designated dismissal time the student should sign out at the attendance window and leave the building.
- Parents will not need to come into the building. If students drive, they may leave at this time.
- Note: This procedure allows us to track who is in the building at all times.
If your child is attending virtually and needs to leave early:
- You do not need to report this to the school. You will only report the student absent from school if they are physically unable to attend all of their school day.
- Remember, all lessons are recorded and remain in the Google Classroom for 7 days. If students need to leave early, they can always watch the lesson later in the day.
WINTERS MILL HIGH SCHOOL HOURS – Hybrid Learning Model (Beginning Quarter 2)
- WMH doors open for students at 7:10 am. Class hours are 7:30 am - 2:20 pm.
- As students enter the building, they are to report to mod 1 class. A five minute warning bell rings at 7:25 am. The final bell rings at 7:30 am, when students should be in their classroom ready to begin.
- Students not in their classrooms by the 7:30 bell are considered late to school.
- After the 2:20 dismissal bell, students are expected to leave school grounds, unless under the direct supervision of faculty, staff, or coaches.
ADVANCED ABSENCES (Vacations, College Visits etc.)
- Email the attendance office at email@example.com or bring in note from home, prior to the date of absence, explaining the reason you are to be absent with dates.
- Obtain extended absence form from attendance office.
- An administrator will need to review the form and sign the form if approved.
- Take the extended absence form to your teachers for their initials.
- Bring both papers back to the attendance office, so a call home is not made.
QUESTIONS ABOUT ATTENDANCE IN HYBRID LEARNING (Beginning Quarter 2)
- What if my child’s class or school is closed due to a COVID related matter?
- Students impacted by the closure of their classroom or school will be participating in enhanced virtual instruction. Your child will continue accounting for their daily attendance by submitting the daily attendance question in Google Classroom as they have been doing since the start of the school year.
- What if my child is sick, in isolation or quarantine?
- Students always have the option to participate in enhanced virtual instruction and would account for their daily attendance by submitting the daily attendance question in Google Classroom as they have been doing since the start of the school year. If your child is unable to engage in the enhanced virtual instruction, please notify your school so that they can account for the absence.