Welcome to the Winters Mill School Counseling Office!
Links to School Counseling Newsletters
May 1, 2020
May 8, 2020
May 18, 2020
To Rising Seniors and their Parents/Guardians:
We wish to extend to all of you a warm welcome to your student’s senior year at Winters Mill High School. Senior year is an exciting time in a student’s life. It is the culmination of many years of hard work. After graduation, students will head in many different directions; world of work, tech. school, college, military, etc. It is our job to guide and assist you and your student with the “next steps” needed to make their post-graduation transition as smooth as possible.
During the months of July and August we would like to give our 12th grade students and their parents an opportunity to meet. At this time, we will review your child’s schedule and transcript to confirm graduation requirements, as well as answer questions you may have regarding “next steps.”
We look forward to meeting with you. At this time, these meetings will be held virtually via Microsoft Team. Please use the below links to sign up for a time. After you sign up you will receive an invite via email to connect via Microsoft Teams.
Kristin Cavey ( A – C ) https://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080C4FAFA629A5F85-kristin
Jennie Kempf ( D – J ) https://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080C4FAFA629A5F85-jennie
Melisa Hannon ( K – Q ) https://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080C4FAFA629A5F85-melisa
Katie Sentz ( R – Z) https://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080C4FAFA629A5F85-katie
If you are unable to meet at these times, we will meet with your senior at the beginning of the school year and review with them individually. Thank you and have a great summer!
Winters Mill High School Counselors
Please click on "Smiley" for CCPS Learning Resources Page for Social Emotional Resources
560 Gorsuch Road
Westminster, MD 21157
Counseling Office Phone Number:
Office Fax Number:
INTRODUCING NAVIANCE! A Comphrehensive Website for College and Career Planning!
Click above to sign in with Naviance ID or with CLEVER
The mission of Winters Mill High's School Counseling Department is: Preparing students to be lifelong learners & responsible citizens in the community through a comprehensive program that will meet their academic, personal/social, and career needs.
School Counseling Belief Statement
The Winters Mill High School Counseling Department operates under the belief that:
- All students can soar into their future equipped with skills they have learned through lessons, groups, and activities.
- We believe individual students possess within them the power to control quality, growth, and satisfaction in their lives.
- We believe each student is unique and has special abilities, talents, and interests that must be recognized and nurtured.
- We believe all students have dignity and worth.
- We believe all students must be prepared to function in a rapidly changing, global society.
- We believe in ongoing evaluation of service delivery that is data-driven and responsive to the needs of our diverse community.
- We believe a successful program requires the support and participation of all school personnel, parents, guardians, outside agencies, and the community at large.
- We believe in developing relationships with our students.
School Counseling Department Contacts
(To send an e-mail please click the name)
Kristin Cavey - School Counseling Department Chair