Please see the hybrid schedule HERE.
Students returning in-person should bring their fully charged computers, remember to wear a mask and follow all social distancing guidelines. We look forward to the day and seeing all our students in person.
Where is my updated schedule located?
Second semester schedules are located on Home Access. Please note schedule changes from first semester to second semester. Students who are attending in the hybrid model will want to either print or write down their schedule prior to coming in to the building. On Tuesday, February 2, students will report directly to their mod 1 class.
Cameras and Computers
In order to help all students be more successful, CCPS has provided each student a laptop and for those students attending in-person, the laptop should be fully charged each day, prior to coming to school. If you still need a laptop, please contact the school or stop by WHS during normal office hours 7:30 to 3:30.
This semester there is a new expectation for students who are virtual or working from a computer to be more attentive and turn their camera on during class time. This simple action helps improve a student’s success rate in the class and helps keep our students focused. We suggest blurring the background or creating a background this is school appropriate.
Bus Information and Parent Drop-off and Pick-up
School busses are operating on their normal schedules. Please use the following link to access routes.
- Bus riders and walkers should use the main entrance and will be allowed to enter the building at 7:10.
- Parents who are providing transportation should drop students off along the back driveway (enter this area near the tennis courts). Pick-up will be at the same location.
Westminster High School will be holding tutoring sessions for students after school both virtually and in-person starting soon. If you have an interest in any of the tutoring options, please contact Mr. Tom Clowes, Assistant Principal at WHS at THCLOWE@carrollk12.org.
Limited Schedule Changes:
With the hybrid model and state and federal mandates, WHS is limiting schedule changes for the second semester and third quarter. At this time, we will not be adjusting schedules based on a change of interest. Therefore, to minimize confusion, students must meet one of the following criteria in order to request a schedule change to be approved:
- Does your schedule show a mod with no class scheduled?
- Do you have two classes that meet during the same mod?
- Are you scheduled for a course without having already passed the prerequisite course?
- Are you a senior who is not scheduled for course that is required for graduation?
Students who seek a change due to one of the above listed reasons must make an appointment with their counselor to make the adjustment.
Counselor Contact Information:
Office Phone Number: 410-751-3636
Mr. Steve Byrnes (Student Last Names A - C): email@example.com
Mr. Shawn Minnier (Student Last Names D - Ha): firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Ashley Lindsay (Student Last Names Hb - Md): email@example.com
Mrs. Lindsay Dixon (Student Last Names Me - Sc): firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Heather Bott (Student Last Names Sd - Z): email@example.com
Collection and Distribution of Material for Second Semester
- If your student will be virtual for semester 2, we will be handing out materials on Monday, Feb 8 from 3-7pm. We will only be handing out materials for students who are coded “virtual” in the system. Students attending school in-person for semester 2 will pick up their items directly from the teacher while in school. Please check Home Access to confirm your student’s status in our system.
- Materials Distribution will take place in the auditorium.
- When you arrive, park in front of the school and proceed to the indoor Athletic Entrance. (We will have signs posted).
- You will follow the signs to the side auditorium entrance and be directed from there.
- Once you have your materials you will exit the auditorium by the side entrance directly into the front courtyard.
1st semester Materials Collection
If you still have materials to return from 1st semester please drop them off at visitor management during school hours as soon as possible
Please click HERE to see information about the hybrid model at Westminster High School.
On October 6, WHS admin held a virtual informational parent meeting about the hybrid model. Click HERE to see the slides from the presentation, and click the following link to see a recording of the presentation https://youtu.be/xKtmoZmJV-Q
The WHS Counseling Department has created a virtual tour of Westminster High School. View their video HERE
The current construction taking place will change the student drop off locations when students return to school in the hybrid model. Student drop-off will ONLY take place in the rear of the building. There will be NO student drop -offs in the bus loop, “A” lot faculty lot, Stadium lot, or “C”/”jock” lot. Traffic should enter the campus via the Hook Road/Stadium lot entrance. Traffic will be one-way in the rear of the building, starting near the tennis courts and proceeding around behind CCCTC and out the exit onto Washington Road. HERE is a video showing where to drop-off and pick-up students.
Please direct any questions about student drop-off and pick-up to Mr. Clowes via email @ firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 410-751-3630.