Hours: 7:20am - 2:45pm
Study Hall: M-Th 2:45pm - 3:45pm
Media Specialist - Kathleen Brunnett
Media Clerk - Cathey Foelber
Media Center Mission
The mission of the Westminster High School Media Center is to teach students to be effective users of information and to encourage and prepare students to be life-long learners. This mission is accomplished by:
- providing instruction in information literacy
- providing intellectual and physical access to informational materials in a variety of formats and media
- stimulating interest in reading and in finding and using information and ideas
- promoting the use of the media center by students and faculty
- working with teachers to develop educational strategies to meet the information needs of students and to augment teaching
- supporting the school's curriculum and reading initiatives
Media Center Policies
Circulating Materials and Overdues
Books and magazines circulate for 3 weeks. They may be renewed for an additional 3 weeks. Overdue notices are distributed to students through Advisory every other week. Overdue fines are 10 cents per day the item is overdue and will not exceed $5.00. Lost or damaged resources will be charged the cost of the item for replacement.
Media Center computers are for curriculum-related searching. Students are expected to follow the telecommunications policy for Carroll County Public Schools at all times.
Students not accompanied by a teacher must have a pass to enter the Media Center. Students having passes are expected to sign in and out at the front desk and show their pass to a Media Center staff member.
Students not accompanied by a teacher may be asked to return to class for inappropriate or off-task behavior. All must adhere to the no eating or drinking policy. Help us keep our media center clean and friendly!