The spring sports season will begin on Saturday, April 17, 2021. To be eligible for tryouts/practices, all interested students must be registered on Family ID, have a valid physical uploaded by noon on Friday, April 16, 2021 and be academically eligible.
Baseball / Mark Winebrunner / MWWINEB@carrollk12.org
Softball / April Sexton / AMSEXTO@carrollk12.org
Boys Lacrosse / Steve Defeo / DeFeo4@aol.com
Girls Lacrosse / John Brown / JNBROWN@carrollk12.org
Track & Field / Shaun Thompson / SCTHOMP@carrollk12.org
Boys Tennis / Fran McCullin / FMMcCul@carrollk12.org
Girls Tennis / Jen Ruppert / JERUPPE@carrollk12.org
Natasha Costley / Corollary Sports / NCCOSTL@carrollk12.org
Tryouts will be held Saturday April 17, 2021
Tennis = Girls 10:00am - 12noon / Boys 12noon - 2:00pm (Tennis Courts)
Track & Field = 10:00am – 11:45am (Track)
Girls Lacrosse = 10:00am – 12:00pm (Field Hockey Field)
Boys Lacrosse = 7:00am – 9:30am (Kate Wagner Rd. Fields)
Baseball = Varsity 11:00am – 1:00pm / JV 1:00pm – 3:00pm (BB Field)
Softball = 8:00am – 10:00am (SB Field)
Family ID Registration
Physicals cover athletes for a 13-month period and current valid physicals within that date range can be uploaded directly into the Family ID site, as well as new ones. Athletes that already registered and uploaded physicals earlier in the school year should pay close attention to the 13-month expiration date and be sure that your physical will not expire before the season ends. We recommend you log in to Family ID and verify your physical’s date. A new physical should be obtained and uploaded now, if yours will expire mid-season. Attached is the physical form to print and provide to your physician: HERE
CCPS academic eligibility requirements are in effect for the Spring season*.
- A student becomes ineligible for academic reasons if he/she earns less than a 2.0 weighted GPA for that marking period OR receives a grade of F for any course in which the student is enrolled during the marking period.
- A grade of Incomplete (I) is considered an F until the work is satisfactorily completed.
- An indication of Withdrawal Failing (WF) is considered an F for the specific marking period in which it is received.
- Quarter grades are used to determine eligibility. Specifically, the quarter 3 report card to be issued on April 16, 2021 will determine a spring athlete’s academic eligibility status. Please note A/B day scheduled classes will also receive quarter grades that impact eligibility
- For students enrolled in dual enrollment course work at the college level, the final grade will determine the student’s eligibility since quarter grades are not generated from the college.
*For this year’s spring sports season, students who do not meet the initial eligibility requirements above (2.0 GPA and no failing marks) will be permitted to try out and may participate in competitions UNTIL the mid-marking period date of May 13, 2021. Student who are passing all of their classes as of May 13 may continue to participate for the entire season however any class with a grade of “F” on May 13 declares a student fully ineligible and thus removed from the team.
Season schedules are available on the following site:
Student-athletes will need to follow the following protocols:
- Wear a mask to and from practice, and at times when they are not actively participating
- Stay socially distant whenever practically possible i.e. water breaks, at the beginning and end of practice
- It is imperative that students do not come to practice if they are not feeling well
- Locker rooms will not be available, so students need to come dressed for practice or games
Fall Sport Coaches: If you have questions about individual sports, please reach out to the head coach at the email listed:
Chris Bassler / Football RCBASSL@carrollk12.org
Laurie Naill / Field Hockey LMNAILL@carrollk12.org
Ryan Dulaney / Cross Country email@example.com
Alex Taylor / Cheerleading Alexistaylor8910@gmail.com
Jim Carpenter / Golf JECARPE@carrollk12.org
Bird Brown / Boys Soccer Rcbrow2@carrollk12.org
Danielle Midkiff / Girls Soccer DRMIDKI@carrollk12.org
Evan Frock / Volleyball Evanf23@hotmail.com
Natasha Costley / Corollary Sports NCCOSTL@carrollk12.org
Tickets for all Fall season Athletic events (EXCEPT Volleyball) are now on sale at:
- Simply search for the school that is hosting the event to buy tickets.
- There is a limit of 5 tickets per transaction.
- Complimentary tickets for CCPS staff members are no longer required, just present your Employee ID badge at the gate for Admission to the event.
- Masks are Required at all times along with social distancing to the greatest extent possible.
- Volleyball is limited to closed ticket sales / family members only w/a 2 ticket maximum per transaction.
Question? Email Terry Molloy at TDMOLLO@carrollk12.org
Quick Links for Athletes
Family ID Registration
CCPS Physical Form
Watch Live and On-Demand High School Sports
Westminster HS is proud to announce that we have partnered with the NFHS Network and invested in new technology that will bring you every game from our Main Gym and Stadium, LIVE! Friends and family members who can’t make the game will never miss a play again!
Join the NFHS Network (subscription fee required) for full access to all WHS live and on-demand sports broadcasts as well as other available high school sporting events from around our nation.
- Visit www.NFHSNetwork.com
- Search for Westminster High School and click on our page
- Subscribe and Follow
Terry Molloy / Athletic Director
Athletic Director Facilities Coordinator - Terry Molloy
Athletic Trainer: Gina Tolomei