Manchester Valley High School Advisory Council
The MVHS Advisory Council supports the development of all of our students toward academic excellence and life success by bridging the school with community resources and continuous innovation.
To create a community network of local stakeholders genuinely concerned with and active in the success of all MVHS students.
- As a community we are committed to the success of all Manchester Valley High School students.
- Our students are an asset to our community and to the communities where they will live, work and participate as future citizens.
- Education is the responsibility of the school, student, family and our entire community.
- We can assist students in developing positive relationships with community members who will serve as their mentors and allow them to participate in apprenticeships to develop the specific hard skills related to their particular career field or job.
- As alumni, local businesses, members of higher education and the community we can foster the development of essential interpersonal skills such as reliability, respect, integrity, timeliness, a good work ethic, idea sharing, perseverance, strong character, self-discipline and flexibility while serving as mentors for our students.
- We can work within our community to coordinate resources which will be helpful to our students.
- We can inspire students in the development of their creativity and their spirit of innovation.
- We can help students aspire to reach their full potential by establishing these relationships with them.
- We can help students achieve the character that we value in ourselves.
2018-2019 Meetings (MVHS Media Center, 7pm)
• September 17
• October 15
• November 19
• December 17
• January 14
• February 11
• March 18
• April 15
• May 20
Fall: Business Welcome and Networking Event
3rd Annual Hampstead-Manchester Business & Community Expo
March 16, 2019 (snow date April 6, 2019)
Tom Rhoads, Chairperson firstname.lastname@example.org