The Textile and Fashion Careers program will hold its annual fashion show on Jan 12, 2018 start at 7 pm. Tickets will go on sale in December. (It is always sold out!!) The theme for this years show will be Clean Canvas.
CCCTC Awards Ceremony 2018 Dates
- January 23, 2018 –Drafting, Homeland Security: Criminal Justice (Mod 2 & 3), Manufacturing & Machine Technologies, and Textiles & Fashion Careers at 5:00 p.m.
- January 23, 2018 – Auto Service, Collision Repair, and Heavy Equipment & Truck Technology at 7:00 p.m.
- January 24, 2018 – Carpentry, Electrical Construction, HVAC, Masonry, and Welding at 5:00 p.m.
- January 24, 2018 – Bakery & Pastries, Cisco Academy, Computer Science (Mod 2 & 3) and Culinary Arts at 7:00 p.m.
- January 25, 2018– Snow Date
- May 22, 2018 – Academy of Health Professions and Physical Rehabilitation at 5:00 p.m.
- May 22, 2018 – PLTW - Engineering at 7:00 p.m.
- May 23, 2018 – PLTW - Biomedical Sciences, Computer Science (Mod 1), and Homeland Security: Criminal Justice (Mod 1) at 5:00 p.m.
- May 23, 2018 –Print Production and Video Production at 7:00 p.m.
- May 24, 2018 – Building Maintenance and 5th Mod Video Production at 5:00 p.m.
- May 24, 2018 – Cosmetology at 7:00 p.m.
All 10th graders planning on attending CCCTC need to apply by Dec 1st for first round decisions.
See the HOW TO APPLY page for more information.
Tenth grade counselor lead CCTC tours will be held on Oct 30 or Oct 31. Please call to RSVP.
Date and Time when….
…counselors will give general tours of CCCTC focusing on:
at 3:30 pm
E. Homeland Security: Criminal Justice
F. Construction Programs
- Electrical Construction
G. Transportation Programs
- Auto Service
- Collision Repair
- Heavy Equipment & Truck Technology (Diesel)
H. MANUFACTURING, ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY
- Engineering, Project Lead The Way© (Honors/AP Level)
- Manufacturing and Machine Technologies
The annual CCPS College Fair will be held on Monday, October 9, 2017 from 6:00 pm- 8:00 pm at Carroll Community College in Westminster. Over 125 colleges will be in attendance. In addition to the colleges, representatives from the military, technical schools and training programs will be at the fair. Counselors from CCPS High Schools will also be present to answer questions.
Come to the Carroll County Career and Technology Center's Anual Open House on Thrusday, Oct 19, 2017 from 6 to 8 pm. All CCCTC programs will be showcased. This is a great opportunity to meet with faculty, see live demonstrations, and browse the many projects on display.
- 9th graders can start to explore and plan for their junior and senior years.
- 10th graders who come to the Open House with their parents can apply that night. (SPACE IS LIMITED IN MANY PROGRAM.)
- Present students will be competing in SkillsUSA competitions and demonstrating their professional career skills
- 11th and 12th graders coming in the spring can get one more glimpse of their program before they arrive for class
- Alumni are welcome to come back and see what your program is doing
AND Parents can start to map out your son’s/daughter’s future. What does your son/daughter want to do for a career? Wouldn't it be great to have a night where you can look at 25 different careers and ask that age old question, "What do you want to do when you grow up?" THEN ask your student which program they want to apply for.
Make sure you find out what over 1000 Carroll County students are doing this year at the Carroll County Career and Tech Center. Take this opportunity to explore the following opportunities at CCCTC:
- College credits
- Instructors experienced in their fields (average 20 years)
- Nationally/state certified programs
- Classrooms that look like real-life careers
- Award winning programs both at the state and the national level!!!
Why not let your student TRY that career he/she is thinking about? Why pay AFTER graduation for instruction and training your student can get during high school?
Remember, you only get the job if you have EXPERIENCE, and you only get experience if you have CAREER SKILLS, and CCCTC provides those skills and experience BEFORE you have to pay for them.
The 10th grade application is now available online. Sophomores interested in a CCCTC program should apply by December 1st for first round consideration. Upon receiving the application, staff at the Career and Technology Center will start the screening process (Based on GPA, attendance and the rigor in Math, Science, and English courses on students’ transcripts). You will be notified by mid-January of the status of your application. SPACE IS LIMITED so make sure you apply on time so you are part of the first round for consideration. (more)
Here are some reminders:
- NEW STUDENT ORIENTATION: Thursday, Sept 7th from 6 TO 7 PM: Teachers will be holding orientation sessions for parents and students new to CCCTC
- NEW STUDENTS: Please check out the Newsletter (Aug 2017) for program specific information (i.e. uniform measurement times for Academy of Health)
- RETURNING STUDENT, PARENT CONFERENCES: Thursday, Sept 7th from 4 TO 5:30 PM: Parents of returning students wanting to meet with their student's teacher, please call to make an appointment.
- Mark your calendars for our annual CCCTC Open House which will be held on October 19th from 6:00—8:00pm.
SPRING CERTIFICATE CEREMONIES
May 23, 2017 – Print Production and Video Production at 5:00 p.m.
May 23, 2017 – PLTW – Engineering at 7:00 p.m.
May 24, 2017 – Biomedical Sciences, Computer Science (Mod 1), and Criminal Justice (Mod 1) at 5:00 p.m.
May 24, 2017 – Academy of Health Professions and Physical Rehabilitation at 7:00 p.m.
May 25, 2017 – Building Maintenance and 5th Mod Video Production at 5:00 p.m.
May 25, 2017 – Cosmetology at 7:00 p.m.
May 26, 2017 – Additional date if needed