Students can earn an AutoCAD certification in this program.
DISCOVER: Learn about the Drafting Program
EXPLORE: Dig deeper into the advantages and benefits of Drafting
PLAN & APPLY: Create a pathway to a career in this field
10th graders must apply by Dec 1st for first round decisions!!
Michael Alban (Email: email@example.com ):
Professional Experience: Mapping and Civil Engineering
Alumni of CCCTC
Drafting allows students to translate ideas into pictures. Drafting gives students the opportunity to learn the proper use of AutoCAD®, drafting instruments, techniques, and the related theory necessary to prepare for involvement in drafting and related fields of employment. Drafters prepare detailed drawings based on rough sketches, specifications, and calculations made by scientists, engineers, architects, and designers. The major units of study include architectural drafting, civil engineering, mechanical engineering, and Computer Aided Design (CAD). Students sit for the AutoCAD® certification test.
BROCHURE & VIDEOS
Brief video of Program
YouTube Videos (caution: 3rd party website):
Videos about CCCTC and other programs
Get a jump start on college- Use college level texts to earn college credit while having the training, skills, and experience that most high school graduates do not get until they are well into their college major. This program puts you in touch with industry grade, state of the art AutoCAD software (With the opportunity for an AutoCAD certification) so students can experience the career of Drafting before they go to college. Students in this program will feel right at home in any college lab. (more)
- Three articulated credits to Carroll Community College
- Three articulated credits to Frederick Community College
- Credit by portfolio at most colleges or universities
Start your career NOW- Work with industry grade technology AutoCAD software that our local business partners use every day and become certified. This shows employers you are trained and have the skills industry is looking for in a drafting employee. Students from this program are ready to step into this field right after high school. (more)
- AutoCAD certification career advantage
- Access to businesses related to Drafting
Compete at the state and national level- our Drafting Program has been successful competitions sponsored by SkillsUSA. (more)
|MAJOR TOPICS & SKILLS
MAJOR TOPICS COVERED
- Architectural - Study of Residential Construction
- Civil Technology- Study of Land Survey Construction
- Computer Aided Drafting (CAD)
- Mechanical - Study of Technical Construction
CAREER SKILLS YOU WILL LEARN
See the list of skills you will learn in this program- <Students at CCCTC are evaluated on SKILL attainment in the following areas for this program>
At CCCTC we know how important professionalism is to getting and keeping a job. <We emphasize professionalism in each program>
|SAVE MONEY AND TIME AFTER HIGH SCHOOL
Savings (see details below)
- Direct and focused career training as part of “Free” high school in Technical, Architectural, Civil and AutoCAD plus books (at Carroll Community College Rates for 12 billable hours plus books-$3000.00)
- AutoCAD certification prep material and exam paid for by the school system ($2000.00)
- Free in state articulated college credits (3) for Carroll Community College plus books ($700.00)
- Supplies and materials for projects, based on college student feedback ($5000.00)
- Total: $10,700 +/-
EARN VALUABLE CERTIFICATIONS
OUR program uses professional AutoCAD software- The Drafting Program provides the opportunity to earn national AutoCAD© certification. If you want to be set apart from other students in this field, industry certifications gives you that edge. (more)
EARN COLLEGE CREDIT
Drafting partners with these schools- Students can earn college credits in this program through our agreements with these colleges:
- Carroll Community College – 3 credits
- Frederick Community College – 6 credits
- Penn College of Technology – TBD
- The Community Colleges of Baltimore County – 9 credits
Contact the college or trade school you plan to attend and find out if you can earn credits or advanced standing at their institution!
|ARE YOUR READY?
HERE ARE THE QUALITIES NEEDED FOR THIS PROGRAM:
- OUR PROGRAMS ARE RUN LIKE REAL BUSINESSES!!! Do you have the work ethic, perseverance, professionalism, and problem solving skills needed to be successful in Drafting?
- Prerequisites: 2.0 GPA in academic classes and a 94% attendance
- Qualities and characteristics you will need:
- Self-directed self-motivated: Able to work independently on projects.
- Good understanding of math concepts. Not any one type of math but an understanding of number interactions
- Ability to see and think in 3D
- Ability to focus
- A want to be in the program and not taking the class for the 6 “EASY” credits, that are just not that easy
- Analytical Skills
- Communication Skills
- Create and produce new ideas and concepts
- Detail Oriented
- Follow multi-step directions
- Manual Dexterity
- Mechanical Aptitude
- Organize information visually
- Personal and social responsibility on independent projects
- Problem Solving
- Produce and store information digitally
- Proficient at using computers
- Think Critically & solve problems in an organized manner
|YOU HAVE TO APPLY!!
<THE APPLICATION PROCESS>- SPACE IS LIMITED FOR SOME PROGRAMS. Acceptance is based on Attendance, GPA, and grades/rigor in certain classes. Also, tenth graders who apply by Dec 1st are part of the first round of decisions. See the <How to Apply webpage>
|HOW DOES IT FIT WITH YOUR SCHEDULE?
PREREQUISITES- (Completed before you start the program)
- 94% attendance and 2.0 GPA in academic level classes
- Strongly recommended that students who apply have good spacial/3D abilities to visual drawings
SCHEDULE OF PROGRAM (6 credits)-
Mods 1-4: Home H.S.
Mod 1: Home H.S.
Mods 2-4 @ CCCTC
Mod 1: Home H.S.
Mods 2-4 @ CCCTC
Mods 1-4: Home H.S. or the opportunity for an internship based on performance in the program
FROM THE PROGRAM OF STUDIES- Suggested Educational Career Plan and a description of the program found in the program of studies. To see the most recent information go to the current Carroll County Program of Studies
See the Program of Studies for most up to date information.
Click to see a SAMPLE Educational Career Plan
ARRIVAL/DISMISSAL TIMES- <Arrival/dismissal times and other dates>
CCCTC TRANSPORTATION- Transportation is provided to from your home high. (there are some exceptions such as community based internship) Also, students going to CCCTC will still have classes at their home high school and may continue to be involved in extracurricular activities.
|CAREERS THAT START WITH THIS PROGRAM
CAREERS AND COLLEGE MAJORS
EXPERIENCE YOUR CAREER IN HIGH SCHOOL- Do you want to go to college, start a career OR pay for college with your new career? Joining the CCCTC is a life changing experience where you are immersed with others students who are interested in your field. You learn in professionally reviewed programs from industry proven experts. THIS IS REAL-LIFE!
ENTRY LEVEL- With CCCTC start a career right after high school
- Surveying and Mapping Technician
- AutoCAD skill path
TECHNICAL LEVEL- CCCTC and a 2 year associates degree or trade school degree
- Landscape Designer
- Interior Designer
- Code Official
- Construction Inspector
PROFESSIONAL LEVEL- CCCTC and a four year degree that you will be well prepared to complete
- Technical Drafting, Design, and Engineering
- Architectural Drafting, Design, and Engineering
- Civil Drafting, Design, and Engineering
- Building Code Official
- Cost Estimators
- Electrical Engineer
- Environmental Designer
- Environmental Engineer
- Industrial Engineer
- Materials Engineer
- Mechanical Drafter
- Mechanical Engineer
- Regional and Urban Safety Director
- Specification Writer
- Structural Engineer
- Urban Planner/Designer
Check Out These Career Sites:
Check Out These Career Sites to find the many paths our student begin at CCCTC!
ONET: The O*NET program is the nation's primary source of occupational information.
OOH: Occupational Outlook Handbook: Extensive government database of over 20,000 Career.
|PROFESSIONALLY REVIEWED PROGRAMS
PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS (Don't just take our word for it)
Professional Organizations certify our programs Certification by state and national agencies assures parents and students that the skills we teach are relevant and important in today's job market. A program's certifications must be renewed usually every three years through an onsite evaluation of the program.
Penn College of Technology, Carroll Community College Frederick Community College, The Community Colleges of Baltimore County- all have an agreement with CCCTC based on the college's requirements for curriculum, faculties, and instructor that is reviewed and renewed periodically to guarantee that students are getting the equivalent instruction at CCCTC that would be expected in class at that institution. Credits are awarded based on that agreement.
PROFESSIONAL ADVISORY COUNSEL By Federal and state regulations each program has a group of local business and educational institutions that periodically meets to discuss the programs curriculum and resources to make sure current trends in technology and skills are being taught so that students are prepared for the ever changing career requirements for that industry. (more)