This program is certified by the Maryland State Board of Cosmetologists
DISCOVER: Learn about the Cosmetology Program
EXPLORE: Dig deeper into the advantages and benefits of Cosmetology
PLAN & APPLY: Create a pathway to a career in this field
10th graders must apply by Dec 1st for first round decisions!!
Denise Bitzer (Email: email@example.com ):
Cori Lewis (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org ):
Wendy Litchfield (Email: email@example.com ):
Jacquie Miller (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org ):
Theory and practical experiences prepare students for the Maryland State Board of Cosmetology practical and written examinations needed to become a licensed cosmetologist. A college level textbook and four experienced cosmetologists along with a fully equipped salon allow students to earn the 1500 hours needed to sit for the exam. Senior students work with clients anywhere from one to four hours and are able to perform all the services one would find at a real salon. This is as close to a real experience that students can get before they are licensed.
BROCHURE & VIDEOS
Youtube Videos (caution: 3rd party website):
Videos about CCCTC and other programs
Get a jump start on college- Use college level texts to earn college credit while having the training, skills, and experience that most high school graduates do not get until they are well into their college major. This program puts you in touch with a fully equipped salon so students can experience their chosen career field before they go to college. (more) (more)
Start your career NOW- Work with industry grade technology that our local business partners use every day and become Maryland State Board certified before you graduate high school. This shows employers you have the skills industry is looking for in a cosmetologist. This year and a half long program gives students the 1500 hours of experience needed to sit for the state boards! (more)
Compete at the state and national level- our Cosmetology Program has been successful in state and national competitions sponsored by SkillsUSA. (more)
|MAJOR TOPICS & SKILLS
MAJOR TOPICS COVERED
- Business Procedures
- Chemical texture services
- Customer relations
- Facial & scalp treatments
- Hair coloring
- Hair cutting
- Hair lightening
- Principles of design
CAREER SKILLS YOU WILL LEARN
See the list of skills you will learn in this program- <Students at CCCTC are evaluated on SKILL attainment in the following areas for this program>
At CCCTC we know how important professionalism is to getting and keeping a job. <We emphasize professionalism in each program>
|SAVE MONEY AND TIME AFTER HIGH SCHOOL
EARN VALUABLE CERTIFICATIONS
OUR program allows you to sit for the Maryland State Board written exam and practical- The cosmetology program provides the opportunity to earn state certifications. If you want to be set apart from other students in this field, industry certification give you that edge. (more)
|ARE YOUR READY?
HERE ARE THE QUALITIES NEEDED FOR THIS PROGRAM:
- OUR PROGRAMS ARE RUN LIKE REAL BUSINESSES!!! Do you have the work ethic, perseverance, professionalism, and problem solving skills needed to be successful in Cosmetology?
- Prerequisites: 2.0 GPA in academic classes and a 94% attendance (Human Anatomy is recommended but not required.)
- Qualities and characteristics you will need:
- ATTENDANCE IS CRITICAL TO GET 1500 HOURS FOR STATE BOARD CERTIFICATION
- Ability to communicate and successfully collaborate with others
- Ability to follow multi-step directions
- Ability to organize information visually
- Being able to work in stressful situations
- Safety and sanitation procedures MUST be followed (Health Department Inspections)
- Interaction with up 40 students and 20-30 clients in a busy/loud work environment is a regular occurrence
- Being alert and aware of what’s going on around you
- Creative ability
- Critical thinking & problem solving skills
- Dependability and a strong work ethic
- Excellent communication and social skills
- Physical stamina (Standing and working for long periods of time)
- Professional behavior
- Proficient reading, writing and math skills
- Strong hand and eye coordination
- Strong manual dexterity
- Taking orders and directions from teacher in a business environment
- Working quickly & accurately under time constraints
|YOU HAVE TO APPLY!!
<THE APPLICATION PROCESS>- SPACE IS LIMITED FOR SOME PROGRAMS. Acceptance is based on Attendance, GPA, and grades/rigor in certain classes. Also, tenth graders who apply by Dec 1st are part of the first round of decisions. See the <How to Apply webpage>
|HOW DOES IT FIT WITH YOUR SCHEDULE?
PREREQUISITES- (Completed before you start the program)
- Human Anatomy is recommended but not required
- 94% attendance and 2.0 GPA in academic level classes
SCHEDULE OF PROGRAM (9 credits)-
Mods 1-4: home H.S.
Mod 1: home H.S.
Mods 2-4 @ CCCTC
Mod 1: home H.S.
Mods 2-4 @ CCCTC
Mod 1: home H.S.
Mods 2-4 @ CCCTC
FROM THE PROGRAM OF STUDIES- Suggested Educational Career Plan and a description of the program found in the program of studies. To see the most recent information go to the current Carroll County Program of Studies
See the Program of Studies for most up to date information.
Click to see a SAMPLE Educational Career Plan
ARRIVAL/DISMISSAL TIMES- <Arrival/dismissal times and other dates>
CCCTC TRANSPORTATION- Transportation is provided to from your home high. (there are some exceptions such as community based internship) Also, students going to CCCTC will still have classes at their home high school and may continue to be involved in extracurricular activities.
|CAREERS THAT START WITH THIS PROGRAM
CAREERS AND COLLEGE MAJORS
EXPERIENCE YOUR CAREER IN HIGH SCHOOL- Do you want to go to college, start a career OR pay for college with your new career? Joining the CCCTC is a life changing experience where you are immersed with others students who are interested in your field. You learn in professionally reviewed programs from industry proven experts. THIS IS REAL-LIFE!
ENTRY LEVEL- With CCCTC start a career right after high school
- Bridal Make-Up Specialist
- Nail technician
- Wedding and Event Stylist
- Makeup artist
TECHNICAL LEVEL- CCCTC and a 2 year associates degree or trade school degree
- Artificial Tanner
- Beauty Care Blogger
- Beauty Care Magazine Writer
- Broadway or Performance Stylist
- Intelligence Community: Changing/Altering Identities
- Mortuary Beautician
- Movie Make-up Artist (Special Effects (aging and Sci-Fi))
- Photo Stylist
- Salon or spa manager
- Skin Care Consultant
- Small Business Owner
- Tattoo Artist
- Wig Retailer
PROFESSIONAL LEVEL- CCCTC and a four year degree that you will be well prepared to complete
- Beauty Product Model/Brand Ambassador
- Beauty Care Magazine Editor
- Beauty School Owner
- Cosmetic Retailer
- Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeon
- Producer of hair products
- Image Consultant/Stylist
- Cosmetic Research Scientist
Check Out These Career Sites:
Check Out These Career Sites to find the many paths our student begin at CCCTC!
ONET: The O*NET program is the nation's primary source of occupational information.
OOH: Occupational Outlook Handbook: Extensive government database of over 20,000 Career.
|PROFESSIONALLY REVIEWED PROGRAMS
PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS (Don't just take our word for it)
Professional Organizations certify our programs Certification by state and local agencies assures parents and students that the skills we teach are relevant and important in today's job market. A program's certifications must be renewed usually every three years through an onsite evaluation of the program.
PROFESSIONAL ADVISORY COUNSEL By Federal and state regulations each program has a group of local business and educational institutions that periodically meets to discuss the programs curriculum and resources to make sure current trends in technology and skills are being taught so that students are prepared for the ever changing career requirements for that industry. (more)