Dual enrollment provides high school juniors and seniors the opportunity to enroll in college level courses through local colleges while enrolled in a Carroll County Public High School. Dually enrolled students may take college courses for which they have met the prerequisite requirements and for which they have received authorization by both a parent/guardian and a designated school official. Approval for participation is dependent upon the student’s GPA, service-learning hours, and attendance requirements. Courses may be selected from either the general education component or the career completer courses of CCPS state-approved programs offered at the College.
Registration Process for Dual Enrollment at Carroll Community College
- Complete the Carroll Community College Application.
- Schedule a meeting with your High School Counselor to discuss eligibility and options. (Parents/guardians must attend this meeting.)
- Complete the CCPS Dual Enrollment Request form with your High School Counselor.
- Review the course placement requirements and provide qualifying college-level scores or take the placement tests.
- Register with Admissions (A101). No appointment required, but you can schedule an appointment by calling 410.386.8430. Please bring the Dual Enrollment Request form.
- Pay tuition.
- Attend New Student Orientation.
Why consider dual enrollment?
- Earn high school and college credit while still in high school.
- Receive discounted tuition on college courses.
- Challenge yourself.
- Take advantage of diverse course offerings.
- Start your college career locally with more support!