In 1950, the original Westminster Elementary was built on Center Street close to downtown Westminster. The building now serves as an annex to the Carroll County Government Offices located across the street.
The current Westminster Elementary on Uniontown Road was completed in 1975 to include an open-classroom design. To meet the needs of a growing community and the evolving full-day program, a Kindergarten wing was added in 2005. During the late-2000s, renovations included classroom enclosures and a redesigned courtyard for outdoor instructional use. Throughout the years, improvements have been made to the school's exterior, landscaping and grounds.
We serve approximately 550 students in Grades Pre-K through Fifth. Geographically, our school is located in one of the smallest districts in the school system, providing our students with a supportive, close-knit learning community.