NEW Portable Electronic Device and Cell Phone Policy -
Please review this document to better understand the CCPS policy regarding your child's electronic devices.
Visiting Our School
Parents are always welcome to visit our school. As you know, the need for security has become more essential during the past few years. For the 2014-2015 school year all CCPS elementary schools will have a new security system to help provide a safe environment for our students. The following new safety protocols will be followed at every elementary school beginning the first day of school. Please be prepared to follow the protocol. Here are the new protocols:
Visitor Entry Protocol
• All exterior doors will be locked in the morning after student arrival.
• All visitors must ring the main entrance buzzer to request entry.
• Prior to allowing anyone to enter the building, the staff member who monitors the door will ask for the visitor’s:
- Full Name
- Reason for visiting
• Visitors will then be allowed to come into the main office to sign in.
• Visitors, including volunteers, are required to present their ID to sign in on the visitor system.
• All visitors must show a photo identification card.
• All visitors must be issued a visitor's badge (Except employees with a CCPS badge).
• Contractors' and service providers' paperwork should be reviewed and verified.
• Visitors must return their badge to the main office and sign out with staff when leaving.
Staff members have been instructed to ask anyone in the building without a visitor or volunteer badge to return to the office.
If you go beyond the lobby area, you must sign in and receive a visitor pass. Please refer to the
paragraphs below for CCPS School Visitation Guidelines.
Classroom Visits: Any person wishing to observe a class in which their child is in attendance shall
arrange the visit in advance with the teacher and principal. Visitor’s must remain seated in a designated
area and are not permitted to speak with staff or students during class. Questions for the teacher mustbe scheduled for a separate appointment. Classroom observations shall last no longer than two (2) hours, include no more than two (2) individuals at a time, and be limited to one (1) time per markingperiod. If a representative of the family (advocate, attorney, etc.) is observing, that visit shall count as the quarterly observation. The class may not be videotaped or audiotaped, and no pictures may be taken. Cell phones, laptops, and other technology may not be used during the visitation. Students not enrolled in CCPS are prohibited from visiting or shadowing other students while school is in session.
Lunch Visits: Parents/legal guardians who wish to eat lunch with their child in the lunchroom shall sign in at the office. Parents/guardians who bring food for their child shall not bring food for other students or share food with other students. If an adult other than the parent/guardian wishes to visit during lunch, the adult must have the written permission from the parent/guardian. Visitors are discouraged from bringing younger children with them to the school.
School administrators may terminate a visit when a visitor interrupts instruction, distracts students or staff, or interferes with other students’ right to privacy.
*Please don’t let this deter your visit. These county guidelines are only to assist in providing a safe and secure environment for your children. Your visits are always welcome!