Aug 12
2021 - 22 Arrival- Departure Form
Feb 03
Kindergarten Registration Information

Kindergarten Registration 

Please spread the word to family, friends and neighbors!

  • Your child must be 5 years old on or before September 1, 2021 to enroll for Kindergarten 
  • You are encouraged to pick up an enrollment packet or print one from this website to begin filling out the paperwork before your enrollment appointment.  
  • DO NOT sign the enrollment forms until you are in the presence of the school registrar who will review the forms and verify your ID and other documents
  • To confirm the school district that your child will attend, please check the school boundary map using the link below.


Who can enroll a child in school?

Only the biological parent, custodial parent, or court appointed legal guardian may enroll a child in school.  A step parent, other relative, or non-relative shall not enroll a child.  If you are the non-custodial parent, you must have a notarized statement from the custodial parent granting permission for the child to live with you, as well as, grant permission for you to enroll the child in school and make educational/medical decisions for the child.  Please bring copies of custody orders to be kept in the students school file. 

Where do I register my child for school?

Kindergarten enrollment will take place at Robert Moton Elementary School.  Please call the school office on 410-751-3610 to set up an appointment with Lupe Ramirez, our school registrar. In order to adhere to COVID guidelines for social distancing, registration appointments will be scheduled between 8:30-10 am and 2-3 pm Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday and on Wednesday from 8:00 am-3:00 pm. You will need to provide your ID, the child’s proof of birth, proof of residency, proof of immunizations, and any existing custody orders.  You may have the forms filled in prior to your appointment, but DO NOT SIGN the forms until you are with the registrar. 

Documents needed for enrollment?

Proof of Age

One of the following documents, listed in order of preference, must be provided. The original document must be presented and a copy will be made.


  • Birth certificate
  • Birth registration notice
  • Passport/Visa
  • Physician’s certificate-signed statement by physician or midwife in attendance at birth as to the date shown on their records.
  • Baptismal or church certification
  • Hospital certificate – gives child’s full name, parent’s(s) name, DOB, signed by physician.
  • Official court document indicating child’s birth date

Proof of Residency

Must be within 60 days of enrollment.  Cannot accept bills that indicate a turn off notice.


  • SIGNED Lease/Rental Agreement on a home/apartment in which the parent/legal guardian is currently residing (expired lease is not acceptable)
  • Current Rent Receipt *
  • Recent Bill for a service delivered to the residence (e.g., BGE, land-line phone, cable, oil, water) *
  • Mortgage Statement/Bill *
  • SIGNED Settlement Document
  • Property Tax Bill from the current fiscal year indicating “Primary Residence”
  • Deed (must show house number, street name and name of parent/legal guardian)
  • Residence Verification Statement accompanied by an acceptable proof of residency for the owner/ lessee of the property.

Proof of Immunization

You must provide one of the following documents:


  • Clinic record or Physician Office record
  • DHMH 896 ( Immunization Record for the State of Maryland)
  • Other State Official Immunization records
  • Official School Records

*All of these records MUST be signed by an authorized person.  Parent signatures are not acceptable.  Personal/Family "Baby Books" are not acceptable/official records. The school nurse will review the record to determine if your child's immunizations meet current requirements.

Where can I obtain an Enrollment Forms?

You may pick up a Kindergarten enrollment packet at the school office, or print the documents from the links below:

Enrollment Form

Prior Care Form

Home Language Survey

Health Packet

Kindergarten Readiness Brochure

The Judy Center Early Learning Hub at Robert Moton Elementary serves families with children birth to age 5 that live in the Robert Moton School District. We are a Maryland State Department of Education grant funded program and we are a part of the RME school community. We help to support the pre-k and kindergarten classrooms as well as families and younger children to ensure that all children are prepared for success in school and in life. Please take a few moments to fill out our RME Judy Center online family information form which is part of your kindergarten registration.

You can click here to fill out the form online.

Judy Center Kindergarten Family Information  - Click this link to scan a QR code if you prefer!




About this blog
No, this isn't actually my picture. I just haven't gotten around to updating this section. It's good to know that someone is reading every last word though. Thanks!