Title I supplements the school budget to provide services that may support any student, parent and/or teacher based on the schoolwide plan.
- Instructional program that supplements, and is coordinated with, the instruction that the identified children are receiving in their regular classrooms.
- Supplemental instruction is provided by a certified teacher and may occur during the school day, before or after school, or in the summer.
- Title I provides opportunities for parent involvement and parent education that will ultimately help children achieve high academic standards.
- Parents help decide what kinds of activities will be offered.
- Title I provides professional development opportunities on research-based reading and mathematics strategies to enhance instruction for students receiving Title I services.
Parents have the right to access and provide input to the Carroll County Public Schools Title I Parent and Family Involvement Plan. Please click the link below to access the Title I Parent and Family Involvement Plan and/or the Parent and Family Involvement Plan evaluation tool:
*Any feedback or comments may also be provided to Dr. Kendra Hart, Supervisor of Title I.
Federal legislation for education entitled, “Every Student Succeeds Act” of 2015 requires all school systems to notify parents of their right to request information regarding the professional qualifications of their child’s classroom teacher. If you would like information regarding the certification and/or licensure qualifications of your child’s teacher(s), please write to:
Department of Human Resources
Carroll County Public Schools
125 North Court Street
Westminster, Maryland 21157