Are you a family member of an English learner? Welcome!


We are privileged to serve students from a wide variety of cultures and educational backgrounds.

Here are some common questions and resources that you may find helpful.


I need interpretation or translation services. Who do I contact?

Contact Patricia Burns, Coordinator of Interpreter/Translator Program

by email at or by phone at 410.386.1699.


I am adopting a child from another country. What do I need to do?

Contact Pam Mesta to discuss the details of your situation (contact information below).

If you are bringing in a child who is high school age-appropriate (grades 9-12),

the most important information to have is a transcript from their country of origin.


How can I learn English?

Carroll Community College offers adult education and ESOL classesYou can call them at 410.386.8630. (Se habla español.)


Do you have another question?

If you have questions about the ESOL program, you can contact Pam Mesta, ESOL Supervisor, by phone at 410.751.3173 or by email at