Updated Employee Information Regarding COVID-19 --- 09/06/2023
Below you will find information and reminders to help keep our schools safe places to learn and work.
- CCPS will continue to encourage students and staff to practice good hygiene throughout the day (e.g., handwashing).
- CCPS will continue to use the air purification machines in instructional spaces that were purchased previously and maintain increased ventilation in air handling units.
Reporting an Absence
- Employees should stay home from work per the guidance of their healthcare provider, enter the absence into Absence Management as a sick day, and contact their building administrator or the supervisor where they report to work each day if they:
- Have tested positive for COVID-19, regardless of symptoms.
- Are awaiting the results of a RT-PCR Test for COVID-19 (unless the test is due to an upcoming medical procedure or other circumstance unrelated to symptoms).
- Are experiencing any of the following: fever of 100 or higher, sore throat, cough, muscle or body aches, difficulty breathing, diarrhea or vomiting, new onset of severe headache, or new loss of taste or smell regardless of your vaccination status.
Returning to Work
- Staff with COVID-19 related absences will need to use their sick leave and follow the advice of their healthcare provider to determine their date of return and practices regarding wearing a mask.