- Enrollment Projections
- Educational Facilities Master Plan
- Capital Improvement Program
- Additional Resources
The Planning Department is responsible for the development of comprehensive long term facility plans, the development of capital budgets required to implement the long term plans, the development of accurate enrollment projections and demographic analysis, and the development of relationships with external partners that benefit and support the implementation of these facility plans.
- Annual update of the Ten Year Educational Facilities Master Plan
- Develop the six-year Capital Improvements Program (CIP) to secure state and local funding
- Develop countywide and individual school enrollment projections
- Facilitate planning processes to incorporate program needs and public involvement during development of the long-range facility plan.
- Facilitate the development of Educational Specifications for major school construction projects per Board of Education policy
- Serve as liaison with county and state officials to ensure understanding and support for capital projects
- Represent CCPS interests in county and town land use planning and growth policy development.
In order to identify future concerns related to student enrollments, the school system annually prepares a ten-year enrollment projection document. These projections are developed utilizing the Cohort Survival Methodology. This method utilizes historic enrollments, historic births, and historic trends in the progression of students from one grade to the next to project future enrollments.
The 2021-22 to 2030-31 enrollment projections were included as part of the 2021 to 2030 Educational Facilities Master Plan document that was approved by the Board of Education at their June 9, 2021 meeting. Here is a link to the enrollment projection document.
Historic Enrollment Project Documents
The primary purpose of this Educational Facilities Master Plan is to identify the present and future facility needs of Carroll County Public Schools. This plan addresses the need to provide capacity for projected student enrollments, the need to maintain and repair existing school buildings, and the need to provide an adequate learning environment that meets the requirements of the current instructional program.
The Board of Education approved the 2021 - 2030 Educational Facilities Master Plan at their June 9, 2021 meeting.
The school system's capital budget funds the construction of new school facilities, the construction of additions, the renovation of existing schools, and the replacement of major building systems. The funding is provided by the State and County governments. Each year, in October, the Board of Education approves a Capital Improvement Program Request that is submitted to both the State and County. This document includes a capital budget for the upcoming fiscal year, and a five-year capital improvement program for future years.
The 2023 Capital Budget and 2024 - 2028 CIP Request was approved by the Board of Education at their October 13, 2021, meeting, and amended at their November 10, 2021, meeting.
Historical Board of Education Capital Budget Requests
CARROLL COUNTY CAREER AND TECHNOLOGY CENTER
SCHOOL FACILITY MODIFICATION REQUEST