Kindergarten in Carroll County is a full day program. Enrollment in kindergarten is mandatory for children who will be five years of age on or before September 1.  

Acceptable documents for legal proof of birth/age include:
-Birth Certificate                    -Baptismal or church certification
-Hospital certificate              -Parent’s affidavit (Pupil Personnel Worker 
                                                            reviews prior to accepting)
-Physician’s certificate        -Official court document indicating child’s birth 
-Birth registration notice      -Passport/Visa
-Official school record (if mailed, faxed, or if hand-carried and date of birth is confirmed by telephone from sending school)
Acceptable documents for proof of residency include:
*a SIGNED lease/rental agreement on a home/apartment in which the parent/legal guardian is currently residing
*a property tax bill from the current fiscal year indicating “Primary Residence”
*a notarized Residence Verification Statement accompanied by an acceptable proof of residency for the owner/lessee of the property
*a Deed (must show house number and street name – plat information is not acceptable)
NOTE: The following documents must be dated within 60 day of enrollment:
*a current rent receipt; a recent bill for a service delivered to the residence (e.g., BGE land-line phone, cable, oil, water)
*a mortgage statement/bill
*a SIGNED settlement document
Immunization forms, Health Inventory and Dental Health Record needs to be turned in to the main office by August 3. Please be aware that until all required documents are received at the school, your child will not be officially enrolled.
If you believe your child is not ready for kindergarten and will be 5 years of age on or before September 1, you may request a waiver seeking approval to exempt him/her for one year. You may obtain the waiver by calling or coming in to the school office.
If you have questions about kindergarten, kindergarten orientation, or alternatives to kindergarten, please contact the school where your child will be attending.