"To me, the most crucial responsibility of any community is the protection, education and mentoring of its children. As adults, guardians, and parents, we must offer as many opportunities as possible to ensure the success and development of our children. If we can do this, we will all have met our most fundamental obligation to ourselves, our families and our communities." -Judy Hoyer
Supporting young children and their families in Carroll County
The Judy Center Partnership is a collaboration of many non-profit and public agencies in Carroll County to provide comprehensive, community-based early learning for children prenatal through kindergarten.
Our goal is to increase school readiness for all children across the county. We believe that the parent is the first teacher of their child and that families are the foundation for a child's early success in school. We are here to help support the efforts because, "It takes a village to raise a child." (African Proverb)
We offer early education opportunities to families and their young children to ensure that they are ready to enter school. We provide parents the knowledge, skills and resources to support their environments and experiences to meet their child's basic health, safety, physical, emotional and intellectual needs. Our services are comprehensive and provide strong links to elementary schools.
Click here for our Information Brochure
Our services include:
- Partnering with child care providers to ensure the availability of quality care
- Family involvement programs
- Screenings for early developmental delays
- Behavior support & education
- Mental health counseling
- Parents As Teachers home visitation program
- Come Learn with Me learning playgroups
- Lending library for parents and resources to support early learning
For additional information, please contact Susan Mitchell at
410-751-3613 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Judy Center Partners:
- Building Blocks
- Carroll Child Care Centers, Inc.
- Carroll Community College Child Development Center
- Circuit Court Family Law Administration
- Carroll County Health Department
- Carroll County Public Library
- Carroll County Youth Services Bureau, Inc.
- Carroll Hospital Center
- Catholic Charities & Early Head Start of Carroll County
- CCPS Birth through Five
- Child Care Choices
- Carroll Community College Continuing Education
- Get Connected Family Resource Center
- Grace United Leaning Center
- Human Services Programs of Carroll County, Inc.
- The Carroll County Family Center
- Local Management Board
- MD State Department of Education, Division of Early Childhood Development Office of Child Care
- New Beginnings Christian Learning Center
- Carroll County Department of Social Services
- University of MD Extension Center/Carroll County
- Celebree Learning Center
**History of the Judy Center**
The Judith P. Hoyer Early Child Care and Family Education Centers, or "Judy Centers," are state grant funded early childhood and family learning center. There are 24 Judy Centers throughout the state of Maryland. The Judy Centers were establish to honor the memory of Judith P. Hoyer, and early childhood educator, advocate and wife of Congressman Steny Hoyer.