Role of the Curriculum Council
- Attend Council Meeting - There are four morning meetings each school year. The agendas of these meetings center on presentations and discussion of current curriculum and school improvement initiatives and issues, and textbook adoption.
- Develop a Working Knowledge of Curriculum Goals, Trends, and Issues.
- Network with Supervisors to Communicate Local Concerns and Issues Regarding Curriculum and School Improvement.
- Communicate Curriculum Trends and Issues with Individual Parents, Parent Groups, and the Home School.
- Review and Recommend Instructional Materials Proposed for Adoption. - Theses materials have been recommended by content area supervisors as content and level appropriate. Therefore, Council members review materials for the following factors:
- Language usage and illustrations consistent with community standards.
- Accurate recognition of minorities and ethnic groups.
- Avoidance of stereotypes.
- As Needed, Provide Input and Response to the Superintendent Regarding Issues Facing Carroll County in its Challenge to Bring about Continuous School Improvement.
Meeting Dates & Times
For school year 2016-2017, the Curriculum Council will meet from 9:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. on November 4 (snow date - Nov. 18), January 6 (snow date - Jan. 13), March 3 (snow date - March 10), and May 5, in Holy Cross Hall at Ascension Church in downtown Westminster. Textbooks and instructional materials submitted for adoption may be reviewed March 6 - April 28, 2017, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. in the Department of Curriculum and Instructional Resources at the Central Office.
Curriculum Council Membership List
Elementary Approved Instructional Materials
Middle School Approved Instruction Materials
High School Approved Instructional Materials