Role of the Curriculum Council
- Attend Council Meetings - There are four morning meetings each school year. The agendas of these meetings center on presentations and discussion of current curriculum and school improvement initiatives and issues, and textbook adoption.
- Develop a Working Knowledge of Curriculum Goals, Trends, and Issues.
- Network with Supervisors to Communicate Local Concerns and Issues Regarding Curriculum and School Improvement.
- Communicate Curriculum Trends and Issues with Individual Parents, Parent Groups, and the Home School.
- Review and Recommend Instructional Materials Proposed for Adoption. - Theses materials have been recommended by content area supervisors as content and level appropriate. Therefore, Council members review materials for the following factors:
- Language usage and illustrations consistent with community standards.
- Accurate recognition of minorities and ethnic groups.
- Avoidance of stereotypes.
- As Needed, Provide Input and Response to the Superintendent Regarding Issues Facing Carroll County in its Challenge to Bring about Continuous School Improvement.
Meeting Dates & Times
For school year 2019-2020, the Curriculum Council will meet during the morning on November 15 (snow date - Nov. 22), January 10 (snow date - Jan. 17), March 13 (snow date - March 20), and May 8. The exact time and location of each meeting varies and members will be notified in advance. Textbooks and instructional materials submitted for adoption may be reviewed during March and April, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. in the Department of Curriculum and Instruction at the Central Office. For questions regarding meeting dates / locations, contact Angie McCauslin, Director of Curriculum and Instruction, at 410-751-3067 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Curriculum Council Membership List
List of Instructional Materials for 2020-2021 - For Review / Consideration
Fillable Comment Card for Community Reviewers
Elementary Approved Instructional Materials
Middle School Approved Instructional Materials
High School Approved Instructional Materials