|Priority Focus Areas for 2018-19 ||Baseline Performance ||Performance ||Targets |
|2019||2020 ||2021 ||2022||2023 |
|Communication between CCPS and the community is meaningful, informative, timely, respectful, two-way, and multimodal.|
- 35% average of schools participating at CAC meetings
|52%||65%|| 70%||75%|| 100%|
|Intentional and appropriate communication outreach to our families of minority students, students living in poverty, special needs students, and English learners.|
- 6,500 international telephone line and email requests
- 428 participated in the Culture Expo
|2021 - 2023: Post Expo evaluation for attendees and EOY reflection on the implementation of the Expo. |
• 74 families participated in Special Education Family Support Nights
• 2017-18: Historically 20% of Title I families have taken advantage of at least one family engagement activity throughout the school year.
60% of Title I families will take advantage of at least one family engagement activities throughout the school year.
| ||• CCPS continues to increase, document, and leverage the number of established partnerships with local government, businesses, and agencies in support of student learning aligned to specific pillars of the CCPS Strategic Plan.||Presently CCPS has developed over 71 formal MOUs with a number of community partners. Each partner has been aligned with a Pillar of the Strategic Plan and has an internal relationship manager. In addition to meeting the goals of increasing our partnerships, staff will be developing measures of effectiveness of each relationship. || |