Safety Is You and What You Do. Riding the school bus is a privilege. A student that does not follow the school bus safety rules, endangers himself/herself or others, and does not respect the rights of others may lose his/her riding privilege. In order to maintain a safe and orderly environment on the school bus, it may be necessary to use disciplinary measures on students displaying unacceptable behavior. The disciplinary steps your driver should implement are listed below.
- First Offense - The bus driver will warn the student that the behavior is inappropriate and that a disciplinary referral will result if the behavior continues.
- Second Offense - The bus driver will write a disciplinary referral to be distributed to the school administrator. The school administrator will send a warning letter to parents.
- Third Offense - The school administrator may suspend the student's riding privilege for up to one week.
- Fourth Offense - The school administrator may suspend the student's bus riding privilege for one week or longer.
- Fifth Offense - The school administrator may revoke the student's riding privilege.
Fighting and other unsafe actions may cause immediate suspension.