The Technology Services Department is a service-oriented department that provides support for the operational, administrative, and instructional components of the school system. Effectiveness, efficiency, safety, and security are the guiding principles that govern all initiatives of the department.
The primary purpose of Technology Services is to:
- Enable Carroll County Public Schools (CCPS) in functioning more effectively and efficiently in its daily operations
- Support student success by:
- Providing technology to enhance student instruction
- Preparing students through the use of technology to successfully function and meet the challenges of a rapidly growing technological world.
The seamless integration of technology into the life of our school system . . .
The mission of the Technology Services Department is to provide a secure infrastructure and service-oriented environment in which student achievement is enhanced through a set of information age tools and skills accessible by all members of our interdependent, technology-linked learning community.
- Technology will be securely integrated as a tool into the educational process in a seamless manner that will optimize resources and the educational experience. In addition, it will serve to prepare students for the real world of a technology-based society.
- Technology will be securely integrated into the business practices of the School System to optimize operational efficiencies.
- The Technology Services Department will be dynamic and continue to adapt to new technologies to provide the appropriate resources and tools for staff and students to perform their work and educational experience in a secure, effective, and efficient manner.
All Technology Services Strategies, Operating and General Procedures, and Guidelines are folded into the security framework of the Technology Services Information Security Program Standards, the Maryland Department of Information Technology Security Policy, and NIST SP800-53. It is our core value that security is the prime consideration for all practices of the department.
- Comply with Maryland Department of Information Technology (DoIT) Security Policy and Standards (and associated NIST 800 Series Standards), FERPA, CIPA, COPPA, HIPPA, ESSA, IDEA, Section 504 & 508, Maryland COMAR, and other associated Federal and State laws and to develop, maintain, and comply with the Carroll County Public Schools Policies and Regulations, Strategic Plan, Technology Plan, and Technology Evolution Strategy.
- Manage and maintain adequate network infrastructure capacity to support currently utilized and emerging technologies.
- Manage and maintain a comprehensive Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery Plan.
- Work with relevant aspects of CCPS to create and maintain Educational Technology standards including software applications, hardware, and platforms utilized in both the administrative-based and instruction-based functions. Strategies will be defined as a cohesive vision of instructional, operational, administrative, and technical considerations with the final output and measurement being improved student achievement. Ongoing use of pilot programs, research, tracking, and feedback will be used to guide this dynamic process.
- Manage and maintain a dynamic and flexible development environment that allows for customized technical solutions to system-wide needs not met by third party providers.
- Manage and maintain a dynamic and flexible network and client administration environment that allows for customized technical solutions to system-wide needs.
- Manage and maintain a dynamic and flexible HelpDesk environment that is based on a customer service orientation.
- Utilize students, volunteers, and other outside partners in the work of the Technology Services Department.
Gary R. Davis, Chief Information Officer
Sharon Minor, Supervisor of Information Technology
Jenn Seashole, Supervisor of Information Services