The Department of Research and Accountability provides leadership and support in the areas of assessment, measurement, accountability, and compliance to support CCPS Vision 2018.
The Department manages and oversees:
- State Assessments in Reading Grades 3-8, Math Grades 3-8, and Science Grades 5 and 8;
- Maryland High School Assessments in Biology, Government, Algebra, Geometry, Algebra II, English 9, English 10, and English 11;
- National testing for NAEP, PSAT, SAT, and AP;
- Bridge Plan for Academic Validation;
- The technology and skills necessary to carry out a quality standardized testing program.
The Department assists with:
- Accountability data reporting and accuracy responsibilities in accordance with state and federal requirements;
- Guidance and support to central office staff, principals, supervisors, teachers, and other school-based personnel in using a wide range of data to achieve program and school improvement goals, including those directly related to student achievement and school performance;
- Research, design, and implementation of product evaluations for new and existing programs;
- The development of the Comprehensive Master Plan;
- Coordination of the production and distribution of the Carroll County Maryland Report Card and Annual Report on Progress.
The Department oversees and assures compliance with:
- All federal, state, and local regulations regarding mandates such as No Child Left Behind, Race to the Top and Section 504;
- The Public Charter Schools process.
Within the Department of Research and Accountability exists The Office of Internal Audit which:
- Manages risks by measuring and evaluating the effectiveness of the controls;
- Performs audits of school system departments and programs;
- Prepares formal audit report findings, outlines discrepancies, recommends corrective actions, and presents audit reports;
- Assists in MSDE, DHMH, and the Legislative audits;
- Oversees and investigates information gathered from the Fraud Hotline.