Beginning in September 2018, CCPS began a small reorganization that has eliminated the Department of Research and Accountability.
Many of the responsibilities of the Department have been reassigned. The items below have been reassigned to th Department of Curriculum and Instructional Resources:
- State Assessments in Reading Grades 3-8, Math Grades 3-8, and Science Grades 5 and 8;
- Maryland High School Assessments in Science, Government, Algebra, Geometry, Algebra II, English 9, English 10, and English 11;
- National testing for NAEP, PSAT, SAT, and AP;
- Bridge Plan for Academic Validation;
- The technology and skills necessary to carry out a quality standardized testing program.
The items below will be the responsibility of the Chief of Strategic Planning and System Performance:
- Guidance and support to central office staff, principals, supervisors, teachers, and other school-based personnel in using a wide range of data to achieve program and school improvement goals, including those directly related to student achievement and school performance;
- The development of the Comprehensive Master Plan;
- Coordination of the production and distribution of the Carroll County Maryland Report Card and Annual Report on Progress.