Applications for the position of Permanent Building Substitute are being accepted for the 2020-2021 school year. To apply, please use the following link:
Click on this link to go directly to the Permanent Building Substitute Application
Applicants with completed applications will be notified via email. Information regarding the necessary paperwork will be included in an attachment to the email.
Function: To move the learning process forward and maintain continuity in the instruction during the absence of the teacher or instructional support assistant. Permanent building substitutes must set the tone and pace for the class while following the outline of a lesson plan and while assuming duties associated with the assignment. The expectation is that the substitute work in both a hybrid and in-person environment. Permanent building substitutes report each day to the same location and work Monday through Friday with a total of 7.5 hours (.5 unpaid lunch). The following are typical of the types of duties performed:
- Reviews with the principal, department chairperson, or team leader all plans and schedules to be followed during the teaching day.
- Maintains, as fully as possible, the established routines and procedures of the school and classroom to which the substitute is assigned.
- Teaches the lesson outlined and described in the lesson plan prepared by the absent teacher and/or prescribed by an administrator, team leader or department chair.
- Consults with an administrator, department chairperson or team leader before initiating any teaching or other procedures not specified in the lesson plan.
- Assumes responsibility for overseeing student behavior throughout the school day.
- Follows all policies, rules, and procedures to which teachers are subject and which good teaching practices dictate.
Daily Substitute Teachers
CCPS is also hiring Daily Substitute Teachers for the 2020-2021 school year. To complete an application for a Substitute Teacher, please use the following link:
Click this link to go directly to the Substitute Teacher Application
Substitute Registered Nurses
Substitute Registered Nurse applicants must have the following qualifications:
- Graduation from an accredited registered nursing program
- Current Maryland Registered Nurse (R.N.) license
- Current CPR and First Aid certification
Candidates selected for substitute teaching positions will receive notification via U.S. mail containing further instructions. Please do not call Human Resources regarding the status of your application.
When substituting as an RN:
As of July 1, 2019, the hourly rate will be $36.09 per hour.
Interested and qualified individuals must complete an online application. Please look for "Substitute Nurse" listed under vacancies. If the Substitute Nurse application is not visible, please look again at the beginning of the next month.
Carroll County Public Schools is going paperless and going green! This means all employees, including substitutes, will have a computer login to access their payroll information including payroll checks, as well as receive important email information.
The link below contain the instructions for accessing your CCPS email and the EAC. This can be done from your home or a CCPS computer.
How to Access your CCPS e-mail and the Employee Access Center
The following links are guides to help navigate Aesop (Substitute Placement and Absence Management):
For questions regarding Substitute Teaching or Substitute Nursing, please email Wendy Ruch at email@example.com or call 410-751-3070.
The Board of Education of Carroll County does not engage in discrimination that is unlawful or contrary to Maryland State Department of Education guidance on the basis of age, color, genetic information, marital status, mental or physical disability, ancestry or national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.
The Board of Education of Carroll County is firmly committed to creating equal employment and educational opportunities for all persons by providing an environment that supports optimal academic achievement and productive work and is free from any form of unlawful discrimination, including access to school facilities, educational programs, and extracurricular activities.
The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Director of Human Resources, 125 North Court Street, Westminster, Maryland 21157, (410) 751-3070.
If you have any questions, problems, or concerns with the Human Resources web site, please contact the webmaster.