ADA Compliance Statement
AFSCME/CASE Classified Evaluations - Employee Instructions
- Carroll County Public Schools offers competitive salary schedule for all positions. Salary schedules are specific to each classification of position. Additional salary is granted to recognize additional education including associates of arts, bachelor's degree, master's degree, the master's + 30 graduate hours, and the doctorate.
- Previous experience credit is allowed for all previous experience recognized by the Maryland State Department of Education with an additional maximum of two years for military service.
- Payment of salaries are divided into semi-monthly payments. A direct deposit and credit union program exist for the employee's convenience.
- Extra-duty pay schedules exist for those employees involved in extra-duty activities. All such activities are voluntary.
The Carroll County Public Schools offers a Flexible Benefits Program to all contracted employees who work more than 20 hours per week (except cafeteria workers). This allows employees to select insurance coverage to meet their individual needs. The benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and long term disability insurance - more specific information can be found on our Benefits page. Additionally, Carroll County Public Schools offers an Employee Assistance Program to all employees.
- Tuition Reimbursement is available for additional study if a grade of B or better (or pass) is earned.
- Sick Leave is granted at the rate of one (1) day per month of work per year and may be accumulated to the amount earned. Days equal to your annual earned sick leave may be used each year for illness in the immediate family.
- Sick Leave Bank where employees who exhaust their own leave can draw from a bank.
- Unlimited Transfer of Sick Days from a Maryland school, county government, municipality or state government.
- Personal Business Days are granted to a maximum of three (3) days per year. Unused days will be transferred to accumulated sick leave at the end of the school year.
- Bereavement Leave is granted without loss of pay according to the negotiated agreement.
- Retirement Benefits are accrued through the Maryland Retirement and Pension Systems. Membership in the system is mandatory.
- A Credit Union is available to all teachers in the system.
- 403(b) and 457(b) plans are available to all employees.
We are conveniently located near colleges and universities that offer opportunities for professional growth. Some of the nearby colleges are McDaniel College, University of Maryland, Johns Hopkins, Loyola College, Morgan State, Towson University, Hood College, and Carroll Community College.
Carroll County Public Schools (CCPS) does not discriminate on the basis of disability in employment or the provision of services, programs or activities. Persons needing auxiliary aids and services for communication should contact the Communications Office at 410-751-3020 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or write to Carroll County Public Schools, 125 North Court Street, Westminster, Maryland 21157. Persons who are deaf, hard of hearing, or have a speech disability, may use Relay or 7-1-1. Please contact the school system at least one (1) week in advance of the date the special accommodation is needed.
Information concerning the Americans with Disabilities Act is available from the Director of Facilities Management, (410) 751-3177, or the Communications Officer, (410) 751-3020, 125 North Court Street, Westminster, Maryland 21157.
The Board of Education of Carroll County does not engage in discrimination that is unlawful or contrary to Maryland State Department of Education guidance on the basis of age, color, genetic information, marital status, mental or physical disability, ancestry or national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.
The Board of Education of Carroll County is firmly committed to creating equal employment and educational opportunities for all persons by providing an environment that supports optimal academic achievement and productive work and is free from any form of unlawful discrimination, including access to school facilities, educational programs, and extracurricular activities.
The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Director of Human Resources, 125 North Court Street, Westminster, Maryland 21157, (410) 751-3070.
If you have any questions, problems, or concerns with the Human Resources web site, please contact the webmaster.