1. When are accounts payable checks processed each week?
Checks are processed every Tuesday at 11:30am. All eFinancePlus users must be logged off by 11:30 in order for checks to be processed. If you are not logged off, you will either receive an email or phone call from Finance requesting you to log off.
2. What is the deadline of a payable to be processed in a check run?
Monday at 12:00pm (noon) is the deadline for payables to be processed on Tuesday's check run. However, if offices are closed due to a holiday an email will be sent from the Finance Department with the modified deadlines.
3. What should we do with white "Receiving" copy of the purchase order when goods are received?
The financial secretary and/or cost center administrator may approve/sign the purchase order and send to Finance for payment. Please forward the white "Receiving' copy of the purchase order as soon as possible when the goods are received, as this will reduce the amount of outstanding purchases through out the year.
4. Can partial payments be made on purchase orders?
Yes, partial payments may be made purchase orders. At times, large purchase orders are created and the vendor ships the order in installments and not at one time. You can forward a copy of the purchase order with proper approval and the amount of the payment that should be applied to the purchase order. When the order is complete and all goods have been received, indicate final payment/order complete on the purchase order and send to the Finance Dept for prompt payment.
5. Should an adding machine tape be run for multiple receipts for reimbursement?
It would be helpful for the Accounts Payable staff if an adding machine tape is run for multiple receipts to make sure all receipts are submitted with the check request.
6. Should I send extra copies of registrations, admissions, subscriptions, remittance stubs etc. to Finance?
Please send in extra copies of registrations, admissions, subscriptions, remittance stubs, etc. when these copies are needed to process an order for the vendor.
7. Can a vendor be paid from a monthly account statement instead of an invoice?
The Finance Department will not process payment from an account statement. An invoice is required for payment.
8. What forms are located on the on the Finance webpage?
The following forms are available on the webpage: check request, mileage, professional dues, consultant's permission forms, and many others.
9. What should I do if I want the check to come back to the cost center instead of going directly to the vendor?
(Examples: field trip check, author visit, DJ services, collected donations, etc.)
If you want the check to go back to the cost center instead of going directly to the vendor, please put a note on the check request indicating the check should go back to the cost center (bold and highlight the note)
10. What if a check needs to be mailed immediately following the check run?
If a check needs to be mailed immediately following the check run, please put a note on the check request stating check must be mailed as soon as possible. Also contact the accounts payable staff responsible for the vendor payment and let them know that the check needs to be mailed immediately.
11. What is the earliest that a check can be picked up at Central Office after the check run?
The earliest a check can be reviewed and released for payment is Wednesday morning at 9 a.m. Should you need the check earlier please contact Finance.