The Planning Department is responsible for the development of comprehensive long term facility plans, the development of capital budgets required to implement the long term plans, the development of accurate enrollment projections and demographic analysis, and the development of relationships with external partners that benefit and support the implementation of these facility plans.
- Annual update of the Ten Year Educational Facilities Master Plan
- Develop the six year Capital Improvements Program (CIP) to secure state and local funding
- Develop countywide and individual school enrollment projections
- Facilitate planning processes to incorporate program needs and public involvement during development of long-range facility plan.
- Facilitate the development of Educational Specifications for major school construction projects per Board of Education policy
- Serve as liaison with county and state officials to ensure understanding and support for capital projects
- Represent CCPS interests in county and town land use planning and growth policy development.