- Means quality and equity in education
- Includes continuous, integrated, multiethnic, multidisciplinary approach for educating all students
- Refers to diversity that includes, but is not limited to: race, ethnicity, region, religion, gender, language, socioeconomic status, age and disabilities
- (State Regulation 13A.04.05.00)
- COMAR Website: http://www.dsd.state.md.us/comar/comarhtml/13a/13a.04.05.01.htm/
Carroll County Public Schools' Definition:
Multicultural Education is an approach to understanding and embracing the differences within the learning community. Individuals build supportive relationships that model respect, empathy and self-awareness. Instruction is flexible enough to allow for diversity of learning styles and personal perspectives in order to empower students to negotiate in a global society.