Judy Center Early Learning Hub
The Carroll County Public Schools Judy Center Early Learning Hub serves the needs of families with children prenatal through age five to support success in school and life in the school districts.
- Come Learn with Me learning playgroups
- Family Engagement
- Family Events and Activities
- Family Support
- Partnerships with local childcare providers to ensure the availability of quality care.
- Summer programming
- Parent Workshops
- Parents as Teachers Home Visitation
- Collaboration with community resources/ agencies
- Referrals for Support Services
The Judy Centers were established to honor the memory of Judith P. Hoyer, an early childhood educator and advocate.
"To me, the most crucial responsibility of any community is the protection, education and mentoring of its children. As adults, guardians, and parents, we must offer as many opportunities as possible to ensure the success and development of our children. If we can do this, we will all have met our most fundamental obligation to ourselves, our families and our communities."
Families are the foundation for children's success at school and life! The Judy Center offers family learning and involvement events. We can't wait to play, learn and grow with you!
It's never too Early to ENGAGE, CONNECT and LEARN!
There's no App to replace your Lap!
Read to your child today!
Clicking on the title above will bring you to the Carroll County Public Library web page**.
Search for books, download an e-book or sign up for special programs to attend.
Your library is a great place to be!
- Attachment and Biobehavioral Catch-up (ABC)
- Business and Employment Resource Center(BERC)
- Carroll Baby
- Carroll Child Care Centers, Inc.
- Carroll Community College Child Development Center- Littlelest Learners
- Carroll Community College Continuing Education
- Carroll County Department of Social Services
- Carroll County Health Department
- Carroll County Literacy Council
- Carroll County Public Library
- Carroll County Youth Service Bureau, Inc.
- Carroll Hospital
- Catholic Charities Community Services Division
- CCPS Birth through Kindergarten program
- Celebree Learning Center-WMC Dr. and Tech Ct.
- Childcare Choices Childcare Resource Center
- Circuit Court Family Family Law Administration
- E-SMART-Carroll County
- Get Connected Family Resource Center
- Grace United Learning Center
- Human Services Programs of Carroll County Inc.
- Judy Center Programs: Weekly Playgroups-Come Learn With Me, Family Engagement at the Judy Center
- Little People's Place Child Development Center
- Local Management Board
- MD State Department of Education, Division of Early Childhood Development Office of Childcare
- New Beginnings Christian Learning Center
- Parents as Teachers Home Visitation (PAT)
- Potomac Case Management
- The Carroll County Family Center
- Uniontown Bible Church
- University of MD SNAP-Ed
- Y Chipmunks pre-school
- Young Lives-Carroll County
Meeting Notes: June 2021
Presentation Notes: June 2021 Power Point
- Food Resources
- Childcare Options
- Maryland Community Service Locator
- Community Directory
- Parenting Resources/ Support Services
- Literacy Links
- Health and Dental Options
- Mental Health Supports
- Vision Assistant Options
- Early Learning Resources
- Carroll County Meal Services
- University of Maryland Extension: Eat Smart, Be Fit Maryland!: https://extension.umd.edu/programs/family-consumer-sciences/snap-ed/eat-smart
- School Food Banks: the following schools host a food pantry to families with students attending these Judy Center Schools. Call the schools for more information.
Elmer Wolfe Elementary 410-751-3307
Robert Moton Elementary 410-751-3613
Taneytown Elementary 410-751-3282
- Family Engagement in Early Childhood Education The Maryland State Department of Education Division of Early Childhood Development has created a website with important early childhood information for parents and families and their child's care providers.
- Find developmental information to help you navigate your child’s journey from pre-kindergarten through high school at: Parent Toolkit
- Parents as Teachers: www.parentsasteachers.org
- Carroll County Health Department: Department of Health
- American Academy of Pediatrics: Healthy Children: https://www.healthychildren.org/English/Pages/default.aspx
- Bright Futures: https://brightfutures.aap.org/families/Pages/default.aspx
- Gental Dental of Blue Bell, PA: How Dental Health Affects Overall Health: http://www.bluebelldentistry.com/how-dental-health-affects-your-overall-health/
- Maternal and Child Health Integrated Program (MCHIP): https://mmcp.health.maryland.gov/chp/Pages/Home.aspx
- National Maternal and Child: Oral Health Resource Center: www.mchoralhealth.org
- Carroll County Youth Service Bureau: https://www.ccysb.org/
- E-Smart (Early Screening, decision Making, Assessment, Referral, and Treatment): https://www.esmartcarroll.net/
- Potomac Case Management System: https://www.pcmsinc.org/
- Sheppard Pratt Care and Service Finder: https://www.sheppardpratt.org/care-finder/
- Talking is Teaching empowers parents and caregivers with fun and easy ways to improve their babies' learning. http://www.talkingisteaching.org/
- Zero to Three: www.zerotothree.org
- Born Reading-Bringing Up Bookworms in a Digital Age: www.born-reading.com/
- Maryland Families Engage: https://marylandfamiliesengage.org
- Little People, Big Feelings Video: https://
marylandfamiliesengage.org/ little-people-big-feelings- video/
- Little People, Big Feelings Video: https://
- Social Emotional Foundations for Early Learning: theinstitute.umaryland.edu/sefel/index.cfm
- Ready At Five: www.readyatfive.org
- Vroom- Vroom helps parents boost their child's learning during the time they already spend together. https://www.vroom.org/
**The views, opinions, conclusions and content expressed in this website are those of the author or organization and not necessarily those of Carroll County Public Schools, its officials or the Board of Education. The content of this page has not been reviewed or approved by CCPS and the author or organization is solely responsible for its content.**