The Board of Education of Carroll County is seeking applications from interested county citizens to fill three vacancies on the school system’s Audit Committee. The vacancy is for a term that will expire in December 2023.
To serve on the audit committee a community member must:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Be a resident of Carroll County
- Not hold, or be a candidate for, any elected or appointed office
- Not be employed by the Board of Education, employed by a business entity subject to the authority of the Board of Education or the spouse or dependent of such person
- Not be a registered lobbyist for any business entity in the state that may create a conflict of interest
- Not be a current student of Carroll County Public Schools
- Not hold any outside employment relationship that would impair their impartiality or independence of judgment
- Be subject to the provisions of the Board’s Ethics Policy and sign the Board’s financial disclosure statement.
Any Carroll County resident interested in applying should send a letter of interest and a resume to:
Dr. Steven Lockard
Superintendent of Carroll County Public Schools
125 North Court Street
Westminster, Maryland 21157
The deadline for application is October 23, 2020.
The purpose of the seven-member Audit Committee is to assist the Board in fulfilling its fiduciary oversight responsibilities. The committee serves as an independent and objective party to monitor the school system’s financial reporting process and internal controls. The committee meets at least biannually, but more often if desired or necessary to discharge its responsibilities.