Students from the Carroll County Career and Technology Center showcased their skills at the SkillsUSA Championships during the 53rd Annual National Leadership and Skills Conference held in Louisville, Kentucky, from June 19-23, 2017.
Brittany Whitestone, a 2016 graduate, earned the Gold Medal in Graphic Communications, Post-Secondary. Bronze medals were earned by Lexi Hengeveld in Graphic Communications, Kayla Clingan in Baking and Pastry, and Frankie Foreman in Diesel.
Other students placed as listed below:
- Promotional Bulletin Board: Sixth. Mary Clark, Callie DiGiacomantonio, & Liv Christopher
- Electrical Construction Wiring: Seventh. Michael Dickens
- HVAC: Eighth. Spencer Koenig
- T-shirt Design: Eighth. Lauren Brock
- Cosmetology: 10th. Alex Jacobs
- CNC Turning: 10th. Jeff Green
- Masonry: 11th. Cole Falkenstine
- American Spirit: 14th. Jarred Lafferty, Tyler Masters, & Trevor Wimmer
- Digital Cinema Production: 23rd. Abe Howard & Connor Lavesque
- Welding: 39th. Jonathan Knouse.
More than 6,000 outstanding career and technical education students – all state contest winners – competed hands-on in 100 different trade, technical, and leadership fields. Students worked against the clock and each other, proving their expertise in occupations such as electronics, computer-aided drafting, precision machining, medical assisting, and culinary arts. Contests were run with the help of industry, trade associations, and labor organizations, and test competencies were set by industry.