Sign Up for Text Notifications
We are aware there is an existing issue with Comcast email addresses not receiving email from School Messenger.
Comcast is very strict with their SPAM filters and many users may not be aware the emails are being blocked.
We recommend one of the following steps:
Whitelist the Email Address
- Sign into your My XFINITY account.
- Click on the gear on the top right: Settings
- Under mail, go to Advanced Settings
- Uncheck Enable Spam Filtering
If both steps do not work and the problem persists, we suggest the user contact Comcast Customer Support or use a different email.
The Carroll County Public School System uses SchoolMessenger to provide parents with information from their child’s school and the school system. This service enhances the ability of the schools to communicate with parents and members of the school community. It delivers both e-mail and phone alerts at no charge to parents. Parents may also opt in to receive text messages.
There is no need to sign up for this service. All information is taken from the emergency procedure cards. Parents/guardians are automatically enrolled in the system. If at any time you need to update your contact information, please call your child’s school office.
Messages and announcements sent through SchoolMessenger may include:
- closings due to inclement weather or other emergencies
- information from the Superintendent and Board of Education
- school newsletters
- attendance calls
- report card reminders
- parent organization updates
- notices of upcoming events
- cancellation notices
- calendar reminders.