The program consists of interpreters to assist with verbal communication and translators to assist with written communication. Our team currently includes 24 interpreters that represent 20 different languages spoken in the county. Our interpreters and translators receive mandatory in-house training several times a year.
Interpretation and translation services are available for all families in Carroll County that may need language assistance to communicate with school staff.
We provide assistance with:
- all IEP meetings and special education paperwork
- school registrations
- parent/teacher conferences
- placement/retention meetings
- disciplinary matters
- interim/progress report communication
- safety issues/concerns
- school events/after-school activities
- home visits
- telephonic interpretation related to emergency issues
To request interpretation/translation services, please call 410.386.1699. To contact Patricia Burns, Coordinator of Interpretation and Translation Program, please call 410.751.3023 or email her at email@example.com.