Spring Garden Elementary School
|Spring Garden Elementary
700 Boxwood Drive
Hampstead, Maryland 21074
Phone (410) 751-3433 Fax (410)751-3475
Spring Garden Elementary will be a results-oriented collaborative culture focused on continuous learning within a safe and nurturing environment.
Spring Garden Elementary is a community that works together to help everyone learn and grow.
Safe and Orderly Environment
- We will teach and display the character traits of respect, responsibility, honesty and effort.
Climate of High Expectations for Success
- We will hold students and learning community accountable for learning by implementing opportunities for continued improvement.
- We will participate in weekly kid talk meetings to support teachers as they strive to help students meet academic and behavioral goals.
- Time in the instructional day will be utilized to provide students with review or extended learning - "Tiger Time" or "Club Time".
- We embrace shared leadership to provide a quality program that raises student achievement.
- Open and honest dialogue within the SGE community will encourage reflection and inspire risk taking as we work together in a PLC.
Clear and Focused Mission
- Collaboratively we will plan and pace instruction to meet the varied needs of our learners.
Opportunity to Learn and Student Time on Task
- Collaboratively we will analyze formative and summative data to make instructional decisions and to monitor student progress.
Frequent Monitoring of Student Progress
- Student progress will be frequently monitored and shared with staff, parents and students to drive instruction and promote student responsibility for their own learning.
Home School Relations
- We will promote student success through opportunities for parent involvement and ongoing communication between home and school.