Spring Garden Elementary School
Spring Garden Elementary will be a results-oriented collaborative culture focused on continuous learning within a safe and nurturing environment.
Spring Garden Elementary is a community that works together to help everyone learn and grow.
Safe and Orderly Environment
- We will teach and display the character traits of respect, responsibility, honesty and effort.
Climate of High Expectations for Success
- We will hold students and learning community accountable for learning by implementing opportunities for continued improvement.
- We will participate in weekly kid talk meetings to support teachers as they strive to help students meet academic and behavioral goals.
- Time in the instructional day will be utilized to provide students with review or extended learning - "Tiger Time" or "Club Time".
- We embrace shared leadership to provide a quality program that raises student achievement.
- Open and honest dialogue within the SGE community will encourage reflection and inspire risk taking as we work together in a PLC.
Clear and Focused Mission
- Collaboratively we will plan and pace instruction to meet the varied needs of our learners.
Opportunity to Learn and Student Time on Task
- Collaboratively we will analyze formative and summative data to make instructional decisions and to monitor student progress.
Frequent Monitoring of Student Progress
- Student progress will be frequently monitored and shared with staff, parents and students to drive instruction and promote student responsibility for their own learning.
Home School Relations
- We will promote student success through opportunities for parent involvement and ongoing communication between home and school.
We attained the status of a National Blue Ribbon School, an honor earned by very few elementary schools in the nation, in 2001! To achieve this status schools must display the following characteristics:
- Consistent High Student Achievement
- Strong School, Family and Community Partnership
- Rigorous and Challenging Curriculum
- Functions as a Professional Learning Community
- Collaborative School Organization and Culture
- Child Centered Student Focus and Support
We continue to strive for excellence in each of these areas. For more information, please click on the links to National Blue Ribbon School or MSDE Blue Ribbon Schools