Freedom Elementary School
At Freedom we always do our best job!
Welcome to the Freedom Elementary School Web Site! Freedom Elementary School is located in Eldersburg, Maryland. We were established in 1955 as an elementary school. Our enrollment is approximately 500 students in Grades K-5. We are one of twenty-three elementary schools in the Carroll County Public Schools. We hope that you will find our website useful.
Freedom is a community preparing adult and student learners for the demands of the 21st century.
In order to lay the foundation for students to become college and career ready, Freedom Elementary will provide a rigorous learning environment where all students become innovative thinkers and problem solvers.
- Learning is a lifelong process which includes the acquisition and application of skills and strategies through a variety of experiences and interactions.
- Learning is enhanced when differences in learner’s cultural background, prior knowledge, interests, and strengths are utilized effectively.
- Learners need to be engaged in learning goals which are clear and relevant. There must be regular opportunities to see the value of what we are asked to learn, how it relates to past learning, real world experiences, and future learning.
- We share the responsibility of every learner’s academic and social growth.
- Learners need a risk-free environment with multiple opportunities to explore and investigate ideas, and to receive regular and specific feedback on progress.
- Learners need opportunities to apply learning in a variety of ways and across disciplines.
- Through ongoing personal and professional development, and through collaboration, teachers must draw upon a rich repertoire of teaching and assessing strategies carefully aligned to learning goals and matched to student need.