The mission of the Technology Services Department is to provide an infrastructure and service-oriented environment in which student success is enhanced through a set of information age tools and skills accessible by all members of our interdependent, technology-linked learning community.
- Technology will be integrated as a tool into the educational process in a seamless manner that will optimize resources and the educational experience. In addition, it will serve to prepare students for the real world of a technology-based society.
- Technology will be integrated into the business practices of the School System to optimize operational efficiencies.
- The Technology Services Department will continue internal restructuring that will transform it from a Data Processing Department to a legitimate Information Technology Department that’s purpose is to provide the appropriate resources and tools for staff and students to perform their work and educational experience in an effective and efficient manner.
- Comply with Maryland Public School Standards for Information and Communications Distribution Systems and develop, maintain, and comply with the Carroll County Public Schools Technology Plan.
- Upgrade and maintain adequate network infrastructure capacity to support currently utilized and emerging technologies.
- Create and maintain a comprehensive Disaster Recovery Plan.
- Create and maintain educational technology standards including software applications, hardware, and platforms utilized in both the administrative-based and instruction-based functions.
- Create and manage a dynamic and flexible development environment that allows for customized technical solutions to system-wide needs.
- Create and manage a dynamic and flexible network and client administration environment that allows for customized technical solutions to system-wide needs.
- Create and manage a dynamic and flexible help desk environment that is based on a customer service orientation.
- Utilize students, volunteers, and other outside partners in the work of the Technology Services Department.
- Insure that appropriate steps are taken to comply with the Federal No Child Left Behind Act.
CCPS employees may visit our Technology Services Portal Here - Internal Use Only