The Board of Education's Operating Budget Request for FY 2014 was adopted
during the Board of Education meeting on Wednesday, February 27, 2013.
The dates for public presentation, review and input to the Operating Budget for Carroll County Public Schools System for the 2012-2013 school year are listed below:
- January 9, 2013. 5:00 p.m. Presentation of Superintendent's Proposed FY 2014 Operating budget during the Board of Education Meeting. Charles I. Ecker Boardroom, Board Offices.
- January 23, 2013. 6:00 p.m. Public hearing with citizen participation following 5:00 p.m. Board of Education meeting. Charles I. Ecker Boardroom, Board Offices. Board Work Session on the FY 2014 Budget (without citizen participation) immediately following the public hearing. Charles I Ecker Boardroom, Board Offices.
- February 5, 2013. 7:00 p.m. Public hearing with citizen participation. South Carroll High School.
- February 27, 2013. 1:00 p.m. Adoption of the Board of Education's Proposed FY 2013 Budget during the Board of Education Meeting. Charles I. Ecker Boardroom, Board Offices.
- May 1, 2013. 2:00 p.m. (Tentative date.) Board Work Session (without citizen participation). Charles I. Ecker Boardroom, Board Offices.
To ensure adequate time to address all budget topics, the Superintendent will be observing the following guidelines during Citizen Participation at the public hearings:
- Citizens will be given up to three minutes to speak.
- The Superintendent reserves the right to limit testimony on each budget item to five speakers. This will allow time for public comment on all budget topics.
- Citizens may not display signs or posters. In lieu of signs, individuals are encouraged to submit written comments to the Board and the Superintendent.
Other important dates include:
- March 1 - Budget request due to County Commissioners for review.
- April - Presentation of budget to Commissioners.
- May - County public hearing.
- May - Board of Education approves budget categories.
Persons needing auxiliary aids and services for communication should contact the Office of Community and Media Relations at 410-751-3020 or email@example.com, or write to Carroll County Public Schools, 125 North Court Street, Westminster, Maryland 21157. Persons who are deaf, hard of hearing, or have a speech disability, use Relay or 7-1-1. Please contact the school system at least one (1) week in advance of the date the special accommodation is needed.