State Superintendent Search - Open Forums and Online Survey
Release Date: 10/14/2011 11:12:06 AM
Open forums have been scheduled by the Maryland State Board of Education for the public to provide input on the leadership characteristics necessary for the next State Superintendent of Schools. Also available is an online survey for those unable to make it to a forum in person.
The forums will take place at seven locations around the State from October 27 through November 10. Forums will be held at two different times at each location, 2:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
Forums will be facilitated by representatives of Hazard, Young, Attea, & Associates, the consulting firm the State Board selected in August to help in the search process. The firm also developed the survey, which can be found at www.ecragroup.com/mdss. The deadline for completing the survey is Nov. 18.
The State Superintendent search process is Maryland’s first in 20 years. Dr. Nancy S. Grasmick retired on June 30, having served in the position since 1991. Dr. Bernard Sadusky has been serving as Interim State Superintendent since that time. He is not a candidate for the permanent position.
The dates and locations of the open forums are as follows:
· October 27 –Easton High School (Talbot County), 723 Mecklenberg Avenue, Easton, MD 21601.
· November 2 – Laurel High School (Prince George’s County), 8000 Cherry Lane, Laurel, MD 20707.
· November 3 – Seneca Valley High School (Montgomery County), 19401 Crystal Rock Drive, Germantown, MD 20874.
· November 7 – Huntington High School (Calvert County), 4125 N. Solomons Island Road, Huntington, MD 20639.
· November 7 – Mountain Ridge High School (Allegany County), 100 Dr. Nancy S. Grasmick Lane, Frostburg, MD 21532.
· November 9 – Edgewood High School (Harford County), 2415 Willoughby Beach Road, Edgewood, MD 21040.
· November 10 – Baltimore Polytechnic Institute (Baltimore City), 1400 W. Cold Spring Lane, Baltimore, MD 21209.